PDA

View Full Version : CRT Monitor, horizontal 'squeeze' after transport.

RootZero
23-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Just had a monitor sent via parcelforce and it seems they were a bit brutal with it and was probably dropped (most likely face down).

It's a 22" CRT iiyama VM pro 514.

The picture has become squeezed horizontally to about 3-4 inches wide and no adjustment of the normal controls seems to be able to cure it.

Any ideas on whether this is repairable?

Could one of the coils have become dislodged or is this more likely an electronic problem? Perhaps opening it up and adjusting a pot might recover it?

I need a CRT for the high-res and all you can buy these days are LCD's which just don't cut it for me. If a repair is a reasonable cost I'll go for it as it's a fairly new monitor, previously in good condition.

Zero.

jwil1
23-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Maybe the screen resolution is too high?

lakewoodlady
23-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Had a similar problem with my one some months ago. It wasn't dropped though. Took it to repair shop and there were a couple of dry joints inside it. Cost $50, now goes sweet as.

Agent_24
23-05-2008, 05:50 PM
yeah very likely something came loose/bad connection

I've got a monitor which occasionally does the same thing, tapping the right side fixes it for a while... I suspect dry joints

RootZero
23-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks, I'll check into getting a repair. :)

Zero

decibel
23-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Just had a monitor sent via parcelforce and it seems they were a bit brutal with it and was probably dropped (most likely face down).

Put in a claim against "Parcelforce" !!

RootZero
23-05-2008, 09:17 PM
The sender is, but it's a right pain in the arse.

They will want, repair valuations, etc, etc.

Zero