PDA

View Full Version : Re Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!!

Greg
22-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Jeez Jen you weren't kidding about him flooding his spam all over the Internet!

But what annoys me is how so many so-called smart tech forum users fall for that sort of underhanded bull. And just as frustrating is of all the dozen forums I tried to alert to this, they all required registration before I could post. Stuff that.

Jen
22-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, and the hardest part is that people get more suspicious of new members and it can be hard to tell if they are genuine or not when they post a thread written in a particular manner. I hate to see a new member get a hard time when they are genuine. :(

I've lost count of how many spammers (and their multiple accounts) I've chucked off this forum over this last week.

I found some have even posted on a legal anti-spam forum?! :xmouth:

Scouse
22-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Well done Jen. I sleep better knowing that you are caring for our welfare. :wub

tweak'e
22-05-2008, 08:42 PM
the other thing is it may not have been paid spam. you can get a few forums which use bots to post the question asked on all sorts of forums and then gather up all the answers and post them back on the orginal forum.

still spam, still crap.

thanks got o Jen :)

R2x1
22-05-2008, 09:07 PM
For simple spam there's filters.
For everything else there is Jen.

Thanks for shooting them down.

John H
22-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes, thanks Jen. I read your post and thought Yes, Madam Lash is on our side. I loved the last sentence!

Roscoe
23-05-2008, 08:04 AM
For simple spam there's filters.
For everything else there is Jen.

Thanks for shooting them down.

Well said! Thanks Jen.:)

R.M.
23-05-2008, 12:33 PM
A quick question (and I know you have told us before :( ) - how do I let you know Jen about spam? I saw some yesterday that hadn't been reported, but couldn't do the next bit.

Thanks for your good work. :)

wratterus
23-05-2008, 12:50 PM
The red and white triangle under the posters name. :)

stu161204
23-05-2008, 12:53 PM
A quick question (and I know you have told us before :( ) - how do I let you know Jen about spam? I saw some yesterday that hadn't been reported, but couldn't do the next bit.

Have a look here:

Attached file: report_a_post.gif (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/report_a_post.gif) (28 KB)

Hope this helps :)

R.M.
23-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Ah - so it is. Amazing how one can look and never 'see'!

Thanks.