PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 8.04 w. Dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse

GorCh
21-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi there,

I have just been playing with Ubuntu Hardy, and I got it all working, except for one thing. Whenever I boot into Linux I cannot initially use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. However removing the usb BT dongle and reinserting it makes it work.

I know there are a lot of threads on similar problems with BT keyboards on the Ubuntu forums, but nothing seems to work for the Dell version. There is a mention somewhere of a Dell optimised version of HH, but this is not ideal obviously, as it means another download plus redownload of all the packages I have so far.

Has anyone had any experience/ success with getting this to work?

Cheers,

GorCh

kjaada
22-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Had a similar problem some time ago and the fix was to start up with the usb things unplugged then plug in when boot was done and next boot all will be ok

GorCh
22-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Hmm no luck there.

I have seen numerous suggestions on the forums that all start with getting the MAC addresses of the mouse/ keyboard and manually adding them to the boot menu thing. However in terminal, the command "hcitool scan" comes up with the response

"Device is not avaliable: No such device."

Is there an alternative way to find these? For insatnce will the MAC addresses be the same in Windows (I am dual booting).

Cheers