PDA

View Full Version : How to defrag E when C comes up

gradebdan
18-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I am sure there is an easy answer to this but I can not find it. When I defrag, the comp always says defragging C. I want to defrag E. (My hard drive is split into C and E.) How can I get it to defrag E?

Speedy Gonzales
18-05-2008, 08:04 PM
What program are you using?

gradebdan
18-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Windows XP SP2.....Start,all programs,accessories,system tools, disc defragmenter.

Speedy Gonzales
18-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Highlight E, then click on defragment. Then it should defrag e not c.

wainuitech
18-05-2008, 08:30 PM
When you open the Disk defragmenter, you should be given the option to select which ever drive you want, by single clicking it to highlight, then click Defragement as normal, and it will defrag that drive.

gradebdan
18-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Wainuitech:-When I go through the process to get to the defrag page and tell it to analyse or defrag it only says analising C, I can not find an option to enable me to choose differently.
Speedy:- If I click "my computer" I am not able to get a "defrag" option on the E drive when I highlight it.

Speedy Gonzales
18-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I meant in disk defragmenter, not in my computer.

If the defragment now option doesnt appear, when u open my computer, then right mouse / properties on E.

Then go to tools / defragmentation, sounds like there's a prob with E.

wainuitech
18-05-2008, 09:12 PM
What you should be seeing, and it doesn't matter which way you go through, either Start,all programs,accessories,system tools, disc defragmenter, or as speedy said you should be seeing the following Speedys Instructions (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Defrag_2.jpg) or Through the Menu (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Defrag1211098882.jpg) Once you go as Speedy said, and click Defrag, you will then see the other window.

Note: the Drive E is only a pen drive, but a normal Hard Drive will be the same.

gradebdan
18-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Speedy:- Found it through thro MY COMP, E, PROPERTIES, DEFRAG,
Thankyou and Wainuitech.