PDA

View Full Version : *Warning System Boot Fail*

breakdown conspiracy
17-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Ok, I turn on my pc this morning, and what do I get?
This:

*Warning: System BOOT Fail*
Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted
Please enter setup to load default and reboot again.
F1 to continue
DEL to enter Setup

Now this evening it dosent say that, but starts up normally until it gets to the windows boot screen, and it boots, then the screen just shuts off, or goes to stand by i guess you'd call it. If I access safe mode, which works with no problem, and then restart my pc, it boots up fine.

So whats the problem here? I followed a post from another forums that said reset my BIOS settings but that has done nothing.

PC specs:

XP Pro
Asus M2N-SLI
AMD Dual Core 3.2ghz
IDE 80GB HDD
IDE 120GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce 8800
2 GB DDR2 Ram
600W Thermatake PSU
PCI Sound card

Need more let me know.

apsattv
17-05-2008, 10:47 PM
What does event viewer say?

breakdown conspiracy
18-05-2008, 12:16 AM
What does event viewer say?

It had errors with DCOM and Service Control Manager, around the times i tried booting it. I doubt they matter.

wainuitech
18-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Now this evening it dosent say that, but starts up normally until it gets to the windows boot screen, and it boots, then the screen just shuts off, or goes to stand by i guess you'd call it. If I access safe mode, which works with no problem, and then restart my pc, it boots up fine.

Had a similar thing on a customers PC last week, single drive, but wouldn't go into safe mode though.

booted from the XP CD, hit R to go into the recovery console, then ran chkdsk /r.

Worked OK after that.

breakdown conspiracy
18-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Had a similar thing on a customers PC last week, single drive, but wouldn't go into safe mode though.

booted from the XP CD, hit R to go into the recovery console, then ran chkdsk /r.

Worked OK after that.
I just used system restore, and have started it up about 4 times since then, now working fine. Hopefuly it stays that way.
Cheers

feersumendjinn
19-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Might pay to back up any important data, sounds like your boot drive is getting iffy ;)

breakdown conspiracy
19-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Might pay to back up any important data, sounds like your boot drive is getting iffy ;)

Dont worry all my special stuff is on a seperate HDD.

Struja
24-11-2008, 06:43 AM
My name is Dejan and I have the problem with SISTEM BOOT FAIL. I updated my BIOS but now if I use AI Overclocking more than 5% when I save and exit I got the SISTEM BOOT FAIL.I dont know what to do. if any body know the problem and he or she fixed pleace reply.Thanks for everything.

gary67
24-11-2008, 06:44 AM
For overclocking issues I would try the overclockers forum, but if the issue is when you overclock just wind it back to default

HNX
23-12-2008, 05:15 PM
hey i have the same problem... and im trying to go to Safe Mode to retrieve one my important doc that i forgot to backup :s but its not working or maybe im not doing it properly ... (im actually pressing F8 ... repeatedly but its not working)

Please Help
Regards,
HNX

wainuitech
23-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome to PF1 hnx - when booting into safe mode, check to make sure F lock key is activated - some keyboards do auto engage the F keys.

HNX
24-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Welcome to PF1 hnx - when booting into safe mode, check to make sure F lock key is activated - some keyboards do auto engage the F keys.

i actually tried all the other F keys and they are working, and also when i press F8 it asks me from which device i should boot, but it gives me only one option and that my floppy.

sometimes it tells me that system boot fail! or sometimes it doesnt tell me anything at all!! :| and just requires me to insert system disk which i would rather avoid because i do not want to lose my important docs :|

Please HELP,
ANYBODY! :|,
Thanks Wai (btw...),
HNX

gary67
24-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I would get your self a live Linux CD such as Puppy linux downloadable from here (http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads/official-releases/puppy-linux-412) burn the Iso to CD. Then boot from it navigate to your documents folder and copy the data you need to a flash drive or something similar. At least then you will have your docs safe, then we can try and diagnose your problem. Where do you live HNX?

HNX
25-12-2008, 06:34 AM
but why a linux CD???? and i live in netherlands, why u ask?

Regards,
HNX

gary67
25-12-2008, 09:23 AM
A linux CD will give you access to your documents when Windows cannot run as the Linux runs direct from the CD. I just wondered if you were in NZ as that's where the forum is based

HNX
25-12-2008, 10:07 AM
oh ok!!! ill try it out! and will post back here for feedback!

;)

Regards,
HNX

gary67
25-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Have a great stress free Christmas HMX. By the way where in the Netherlands as my Wife's parents were from Appledoorn and Hoorn although they are both dead now.

HNX
29-12-2008, 09:13 PM
ok first of all i have retrieved my files!!! for some reason(after keepin my pc shut down for several days) its worked when i booted my pc!!! ok now the problem is because i was watchin some **** on ma pc !! it started lagging all of a sudden!! and Baam! the blue screen came AGAIN!! i think it might be my Hard Drive??!! i dunno.....

and btw i'm from numberg! ;) , though i dont speak the language... lol i was raised in US!

Regards,
HNX

HNX
31-12-2008, 05:07 AM
hi! I tried to format my computer today!, guess what it says, windows did not detect any HD..... now im sure the problem is my hard drive... is there a way to fix one's hard drive....?

Side note: could a virus corrupt one's hard drive?

Regards,
HNX

HNX
13-01-2009, 08:32 AM
its been long since i posted here but didnt receive a reply yet... could somebody please help?

Regards,
HNX

Speedy Gonzales
13-01-2009, 08:34 AM
If the hard drive is a SATA, you need the SATA drivers for it. Thats why it cant find the hdd

Disable ACHI mode in the BIOS, change it to IDE mode, save the settings, then try again

It should detect the hdd, then you can install again

HNX
13-01-2009, 11:19 AM
If the hard drive is a SATA, you need the SATA drivers for it. Thats why it cant find the hdd

Disable ACHI mode in the BIOS, change it to IDE mode, save the settings, then try again

It should detect the hdd, then you can install again

I dont really understand what u mean... could you please explain noob Language? my HD is SATA! and my motherboard is SATA compatible ....

Regards,
HNX

Speedy Gonzales
13-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Go into the BIOS find the ACHI option wherever it is.

Change it to IDE mode, save the settings, then put the windows cd in, then install windows again

Because its on ACHI mode, it expects you to add the drivers (sata drivers during the install, by pressing F6).

BUT, since you have no SATA drivers on a floppy and pressed F6, the install cant find the hdd, because its a SATA hdd