PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use an ATI card??

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2008, 02:25 PM
If you do, and you've installed the ATI drivers.

WHAT would be better, the ATI drivers, or Hydravision (thats if you've ever heard of these drivers). Omega drivers are also for ATI cards, arent they?

And has anyone installed the Hydravision drivers before??

If you have, should u uninstall the ATI drivers etc, BEFORE you install the Hydravision drivers?

Or do the Hydravision drivers play nice with the ATI drivers if BOTH stay installed?

I wouldnt have a clue, I've never tried Hydravision, or Omega, but the (Hydravision drivers) seem to be better / or have more options for dual monitor, than what the ATI drivers / CCC has.

memphis
17-05-2008, 02:46 PM
With my old 1900XT 512mb graphics card I used Omega Drivers.They were better then the ATI drivers as they allowed me to play Crysis without any problems.The ATI drivers sucked at the time,(8.2 drivers).

Only use one set of drivers or you may have problems.

I would use Omega Drivers again as they had heaps of options and allowed me to play Crysis without any problems.:thumbs: :clap :D

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Mmmm ta Memphis.

Might check the Omega drivers too then, just have to find out WHERE to downoad them from

Do you use dual monitor Memphis??

The ATI drivers kind of support dual monitor, but there's not a hell of a lot of options to choose from besides clone / extend / stretch.

None of these options actually let you do one thing on one monitor and something else on the other monitor. Well from what I've tried anyway.

fnphoto
17-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Mmmm ta Memphis.

Might check the Omega drivers too then, just have to find out WHERE to downoad them from

Try here Speedy:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Ta Fn. Checking it out now :)

Do you use the Omega drivers Fn?

memphis
17-05-2008, 03:17 PM
No I dont have a dual monitor setup at the moment,maybe in the future.:D

You could try out all the drivers one at a time of course and use www.drivercleaner.net (http://www.drivercleaner.net) to make sure you have properly uninstalled the previous driver before installing the next driver if you wanted to.

pctek
17-05-2008, 03:22 PM
With my old 1900XT 512mb graphics card I used Omega Drivers.They were better then the ATI drivers

Whereas when I had a X1900XTX I found the ATI drivers better, didn't like the Omegas at all.
Guess you need to try them for yourself.......

memphis
17-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Whereas when I had a X1900XTX I found the ATI drivers better, didn't like the Omegas at all.
Guess you need to try them for yourself.......

Yea differnet configs and luck of the draw I guess its best to try them out so you know for yourself what works for your system as what is good for one maybe not for another.:) :cool: :thumbs:

fnphoto
17-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Ta Fn. Checking it out now :)

Do you use the Omega drivers Fn?

No sorry Speedy, I don't so I can't really comment on them as I have no experience with them at all. I see that the latest drivers are not compatible with older ATI cards though.