PDA

View Full Version : Help- Dual Monators

JJJJJ
17-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Can someone assist me with loading drivers for dual monators?

I have a Viewsonic VX2235 as primary and a Viewsonic VX954 as secondry.
Both are working OK, but I can not install drivers for secondry. Even though I have actualy read the instructions.

At present I have showing in device manager 2 entries for default monitor and 2 entries for Plug and play monitor. Ane an entry for VX2235 monitor.

If I delete them all and change to single display I can install the driver ok. But if I then change monitors and try to install driver for 954 , it will not install. A reboot just brings back the defaults for both.

The reason I want the drivers is because the 2235 gives a much better and brighter picture.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2008, 12:49 PM
And whats the videocard? ATI or Nvidia.

Usually you right mouse / properties on the desktop then go to the config, to set up single or dual monitor

Its the videocard drivers u configure not the monitor drivers

JJJJJ
17-05-2008, 01:50 PM
And whats the videocard? ATI or Nvidia.

Usually you right mouse / properties on the desktop then go to the config, to set up single or dual monitor

Its the videocard drivers u configure not the monitor drivers

Yes I realise that. But I can't install the monitor drivers. The computer ignores them and installs the default ones.

Vid card is an nvidia 8800GTS

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Well the monitor drivers ARENT important.

Windows doesnt care if you install them or not. You'll still see something, whether you use the default monitor drivers.

Or install them from somewhere else.

Just as long as the videocard drivers are installed, and if they support dual monitor, (and once you configure this, you'll get 2 screens)

Trev
17-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I ran dual monitors once on my Nvidia 6800 and all I did was set it up from the Nvidia control panel. Didn't have to install drivers or anything.
:)

The_End_Of_Reality
17-05-2008, 07:12 PM
The only drivers you need are the main GFX ones and I assume you have those installed? What version of the nVidia drivers are you running?

SolMiester
18-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Monitors dont have drivers, its an info file with information on the monitor refresh speeds and colour gamma, however you should be able to update these through the device manager.
Do both LCD's appear in DM
Have you tried to force the update rather than select choice?

JJJJJ
18-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I know that dedicated drivers are unnecessary. But my 2235 gives a much better picture with the Viewsonic driver than with the MS one.

What I am trying to do is to install 2 viewsonic drivers and no default driver.

SolMiester
18-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Are you using the CD that came with the monitor\s? What is the error message, how are you trying to update?

JJJJJ
18-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes 2 of them. One for each monitor.

No error message..

It just insists on loading the MS drivers.

Now according to Device manager I have 1 default driver, 2 plug and play drivers, and 2 Viewsonic drivers. All claim to be working properly.

I can delete the MS drivers, but they just come back when I reboot

Speedy Gonzales
18-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Thats probably why it comes back. You dont delete the default driver you update it.

Then it shouldnt come back.

Right mouse on the desktop / properties / settings.

Then double click on each display, go to the monitor tab / properties / driver tab / update driver, if the monitor has an inf file, load it here, for whatever monitor.

Or do the same thru device manager, double click on the monitor / driver tab / update driver, and load the inf file for the monitor here.

SolMiester
18-05-2008, 10:57 PM
You might not be able to delete a monitor which the system has set to use, therefore, use display properties, advance, monitor, and select out of the list 1 of the monitors you want to use as primary, go ok, then delete the default monitors, it probably comes back cause it is set to be used in the display properties.