PDA

View Full Version : OC Zone

pine-o-cleen
15-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Anyone brought from these guys before?

http://www.nzoczone.com

somebody
15-05-2008, 09:48 PM
A friend of mine did, and had a nightmare of a time trying to get a motherboard replaced under warranty. It took (literally) over an hour on the phone arguing, being yelled at by an unco-operative manager, and various threats before they finally agreed to take it back.

trinsic
16-05-2008, 12:41 PM
If it helps I am currently going through Disputes Tribunal with them and Fastway for not replacing a lost motherboard in an efficient manner.

Fastway has said they lost the package but wont refund OCZone until they look into it further (which is hard when the courier was FIRED). Even though OCZone have confirmation but they wont refund me until they get refunded themselves. Also email them enough and they stop replying :p Can't believe I'm up to nearly 26 emails. Called up today and no one at Fastway or OCZone yet.

With the prices they offer you are pretty much buying the product only, don't expect any help or even an easy RMA when its needed. Can't believe PriceSpy still allow them to be shown after all the complaints against them on GamePlanet Forums.

Thebananamonkey
16-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Ascent ftw

pp for the consolation prize

pine-o-cleen
16-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the warning guys, wont be buying off them!

rob_on_guitar
16-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Yea, got burnt here too!

pine-o-cleen
16-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Just asked Game Planet to match OC Zones price. I'll see what happens.

rob_on_guitar
16-05-2008, 07:31 PM
:lol: at the instant blackcloud on that group!

pine-o-cleen
16-05-2008, 08:04 PM
See, it pays to ask ;)

rob_on_guitar
16-05-2008, 08:08 PM
If I had asked when I dealt with them I would have had one less headache! Mine wasnt as bad as the others mentioned. Just got sent the wrong item and they refused to replace until I managed to show them the paper trail (which was harder then it sounds!). Turned out they didnt have what I wanted... work that one out! lol

trinsic
16-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Turned out they didnt have what I wanted... work that one out! lol

This is quite common with OCZone. I'm pretty sure what they're doing is illegal in some instances as well. One thing they do is if they don't have an item you want, they ask if you would like something else which is more pricey, which is not allowed. There is a word for it but it escapes me.

Also a person on GP Forums ordered a HDD that was DOA and they didn't believe him! (they thought he broke it instead). They wouldn't accept the return and told him to deal with the manufacturers. Couple of threats of CGA blah blah and they RMA'd it (took 3 weeks).