PDA

View Full Version : HP C7180

Ron Cushen
14-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Have a problem with the HP software for the Photosmart C7180. To be able to transfer slide shows to a DVD that will play on DVD players as well as PC's the software requires a Sonic program to activate it. Sonic Roxio no longer have that program which leaves me with a whole bundle of slides that I cant access. Has any one struck the same problem or has someone who has a HPC7180 got the necessary software that I could beg borrow or pay for ? Sonic advise that the program is licensed to HP and that they dont have access to it. In a chat show with HP the techno's only response was more or less tough luck.

pctek
14-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Your Photosmart would have come with the software on CD, where's your CD now?

Have you looked here:?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1153754&lang=en

Ron Cushen
14-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes I have original HP software but this requires a Sonic program to activate the DVD writing. This particular program is no longer available from Sonic and as they stae was prepared under licence from HP. HP chat thehno 's comment that as not available tough luck

Speedy Gonzales
14-05-2008, 07:26 PM
If its got a card reader (if this is how youre transferring whatever photos), just copy them to the hdd, and use something like cdburner (http://www.cdburnerxp.se) which is free.

Just burn them as a data cd/dvd

Ron Cushen
15-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Have tried that but on transfer of some 1800 slides in a slide show have arrived in random order and without captions. To resort and rename is difficult

Graham L
15-05-2008, 05:24 PM
1800 pictures in a slide show?:eek:

Do you handcuff the viewers to their chairs? :sleep

Ron Cushen
15-05-2008, 07:03 PM
The slide show is broken into 3 parts. It is the fruit of an extened OE.

vitalstatistix
15-05-2008, 07:10 PM
The slide show is broken into 3 parts. It is the fruit of an extened OE.

No offense but even a 600 shot slide show would be a snore fest to most people. You do realize that when a pro photographer does a photo shoot and comes out with 600-750 shots that those get culled down to about 10-15 of the photographer considers the absolute BEST and of those about 5-7 will make it into the magazine.

If you want a great slide show keep it short, sweet and on topic so that at the end of it all the people who weren't traveling with you are still awake.

If I was you I would cull the 1800 shots down to about 50-60 or how ever many you can fit into a 30-45 minute slide show session being that 45 minutes is the most amount of time that the average person can maintain an attention span.

Ron Cushen
21-05-2008, 09:30 AM
No offense but even a 600 shot slide show would be a snore fest to most people. You do realize that when a pro photographer does a photo shoot and comes out with 600-750 shots that those get culled down to about 10-15 of the photographer considers the absolute BEST and of those about 5-7 will make it into the magazine.

If you want a great slide show keep it short, sweet and on topic so that at the end of it all the people who weren't traveling with you are still awake.

If I was you I would cull the 1800 shots down to about 50-60 or how ever many you can fit into a 30-45 minute slide show session being that 45 minutes is the most amount of time that the average person can maintain an attention span.
Would seem that above respondant has not experienced a long OE, in this case just on 2 years and accumulated photo shots of places and people visited. If that is not the case then to cull to 50 slides would indicate that little of interest was taken. However the reply does not address the original problem. That is the with the HP Photosmart Premier it requires Sonic software to activate it. This is no longer available from Sonic as it was prepared under licence to HP. What I am looking for is another user of the HP product who has the Sonic software.