PDA

View Full Version : Xtra - expired certificate

racepics
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I dont personally use xtra - but some of my friends have just today started complaining that their email programs ( Outlook Express and Thunderbird ) have started producing a popup saying that "the server you are trying to connect to is using a certificate that cannot be verified"

Any other xtra users experiencing this?

Have xtra changed something yet again?

wratterus
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Have had a few people contacting me about this too.

Must be a weird Xtra issue. Their email server clock has lost it's settings or something stupid like that. :p

Hopefully it will resolve itself....otherwise, does someone wanna take one for the team and call Xtra about it? :blush:

racepics
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I would call them but I dont have 40 minutes of wait time to spare today.......

racepics
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
And I cant understand Indian...

beeswax34
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM

Ahem...

racepics
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Present company accepted :)

bk T
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM

That's why I changed to Xnet. :D

wratterus
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Their security certificate has expired - they are hopefully in the process of sorting out a new one with verisign.

Xtra is so lazy, it's unbelievable.

robbyp
12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I dont personally use xtra - but some of my friends have just today started complaining that their email programs ( Outlook Express and Thunderbird ) have started producing a popup saying that "the server you are trying to connect to is using a certificate that cannot be verified"

Any other xtra users experiencing this?

Have xtra changed something yet again?

SUrely that would only happen if you have got SPA or SSL enabled. Unticking those in outlook should fix the problem. I don't have a problem downloading with xtra atm.

wratterus
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Yer, but it depends on what settings you have. If you have a set that are working for you, don't be touching them. It shouldn't take Xtra long to sort it out.