PDA

View Full Version : ISP bashing

gary67
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Do we need or have to have some many threads on both forums bashing the ISP's? We already know how crap our broadband is and It's a bit annoying that at the moment every other thread seems to be on this topic.

Just a wee rant, by the way I have no connections with any ISP's apart from being a customer of one.

:2cents:

Myth
11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Agreed.

Do hope things improve with LLU. Guess time will tell

Metla
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Can you point me to the list of topics that are to be suppressed?

stu161204
11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Do we need or have to have some many threads on both forums bashing the ISP's? We already know how crap our broadband is and It's a bit annoying that at the moment every other thread seems to be on this topic.

Thatís because a lot of the ISP's are having problems at the moment example IHUG/Vodafone is having e-mail problems, Orcon, Xnet, Snap are having international traffic problems, Once these problems get fixed the rants/complaints go away.

The one upside to these complaint threads is you know which ISPís are having problems & to stay away from them, or wait before moving ISPís

You know donít have to read the ISP complaint threads ;)

My :2cents:

legod
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
You know donít have to read the ISP complaint threads ;)

My :2cents:

Exactly.

If no-one ever complained, nothing would ever improve.

Besides, how is someone supposed to know whether or not other people are experiencing the same problem if they don't come on here and share their complaint?

Zippity
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Maybe if Ihug/Vodafone were to publicly acknowledge that they are experiencing issues, were to answer their telephones, were to update their Message of the Day, some of us wouldn't have to resort to creating complaint threads :(

But until they get off their big fat Corporate asses, I for one will keep on making as much noise as I can until they rectify the situation.

Surely my $60 a month merits something?

If you put $100 worth of petrol in your car, only to find that 50% of it was water, wouldn't you have grounds to complain?

I have been a loyal and faithful subscriber of Ihug for over 10 years, but my patience is now wearing a bit thin :(

robbyp
11-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe if Ihug/Vodafone were to publicly acknowledge that they are experiencing issues, were to answer their telephones, were to update their Message of the Day, some of us wouldn't have to resort to creating complaint threads :(

To admit problems, would be to admit liability.
Vodafones website is a complete nightmare trying to find you way around it. It appears to be mainly filled with advertising, but it is very difficult to get to the status page. They need a big button on their homepage that says 'status page'

robbyp
11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Just a wee rant, by the way I have no connections with any ISP's apart from being a customer of one.

:2cents:

Ditto what other people have said, in that people have the right to complain, and unless people complain, ISPs would never know there was a problem. But isn't your thread similar, in that you are complaining about people complaining about their ISPs?

password
11-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Here ya go, send then a big looooong comment... Like me =D

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/complaints/index.jsp#

robbyp
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Here ya go, send then a big looooong comment... Like me =D

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/complaints/index.jsp#

Interesting they don't give the option for sending an email, for 'products powered by ihug' which I guess mean adsl. They only allow you to complain through with call centre or via mail.

They are still referring their internet with the ihug brand. I thought they were trying to ditch that name for good.

Digby
12-05-2008, 07:02 AM
I say keep complaining otherwise users would never know that they are the only one having the problem.

These "communication" companies annoy me, it is often hard to find contact details on their web sites as noted above.

password
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Interesting they don't give the option for sending an email, for 'products powered by ihug' which I guess mean adsl. They only allow you to complain through with call centre or via mail.

They are still referring their internet with the ihug brand. I thought they were trying to ditch that name for good.

Lol i dont care, its under the same company :clap

porkster
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I love to winge, after all a problem shared is a problem halved.

Besides it also makes me feel good that other people have got crappier ISPs.

robbyp
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I say keep complaining otherwise users would never know that they are the only one having the problem.

These "communication" companies annoy me, it is often hard to find contact details on their web sites as noted above.

Often these so called 'communication' companies are the hardest companies to communciate with. Slingshot / Callplus is a case in point from my experience. It is impossible to communicate with them, unless you are willing to be on hold for 20 minutes, as they don't reply to emails.

Metla
12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Callplus would constantly hang up on me.

usually I'd be on hold for 20 minutes, then get a message stating they couldn't take the call, and then I'd get the disconnected one.

My blood boiled.

Then sometimes I'd get through, Finally start making some headway into their useless service and they would transfer me or put me on hold "just for a sec" and then i'd be hung up on....

Shoot the lot of them.

rob_on_guitar
13-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Just being put on hold makes me angry. I tend to email now or ring someone who has nothing to do with anything technical but could transfer me he he he

Alot of people complain because this stuff isn't cheap, you should get what you pay for and not let these bastards get away with ripping you off.