PDA

View Full Version : Vista wants drivers?

Glenn Webster
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Well thanks to a lot of advice from here and other sources the New PC is alive.
Now all I have to do is persuade Vista Home Premium to load.
Each time(6) it asks for drivers,I offer up the drivers from the motherboard disc and it tells me there are no suitable drivers there.
And running the motherboards disc on my current PC to extract the drivers to a floppy stuffs it up.
But it was great feeling when the new one ran first time up!

Speedy Gonzales
11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
If the mobo cd has setup.exe / install.exe files on it install them / double-click on them, (After you install Windows, then reboot), dont wait for Vista to ask for them.

Since some drivers are in folders (and Windows maybe looking for inf files, which arent there), and if you dont point it (Vista/Windows) to the right folder the file/s are in.

Windows wont find them / or install them.

Are you talking about installing drivers (during the install of Vista), or installing drivers (after Vista has been installed).

Since you dont need the mobo cd, during the install of Windows (unless you have to extract SATA drivers to floppy), but this should be done obviously on another computer.

wainuitech
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
If it is loading Vista and just asking for Drivers, What is the make and model of the Motherboard.

If is a new board, check carefully that you are actually inserting the Vista Driver CD, I had one the other day, loaded the CD and it said the same thing.

Wasn't till I looked CAREFULLY at the driver cd, that it said for XP only, there was a separate CD for Vista, and both looked the same except one had Vista Drives in small letters.