PDA

View Full Version : Go Back for Vista Home Premium

tirikatene
11-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Finally made the transisition from Win98 to Vista Home Premium.
Have had an old version of Wildfire Go Back on my system for years, that got me out of so much trouble with viruses and bad shareware, etc.
Does Vista have this intergrated into the operating system or similar.
When I search for Go Back, the technology seems to have changed ownership several times and is now with Nortons, but the spec's don't seem to be quite the same.
The 'old' Go Back was like a time machine and you could revert the whole system to a time prior to the problem occuring.
Want to be sure I have the same functionality for when I start downloading programs for trial.
Any advice very welcome !!!

jwil1
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Yep, it's called System Restore.

Access it though the Control Panel>System>Advanced System settings>System Protection.

One easier way to revert trials is to create a VM (using Microsoft's free Virtual PC program and a Win 2000/XP disc) and recreate it each time (ie create a copy of the VHD file, modify the original, then replace the original with the copy) and the program is completely GONE.

Scouse
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow - that's quite a jump from Win98 to Vista. Click on the Start icon, bottom left, and type in Restore or Backup and press Enter. I downloaded and installed Virtual PC for a while. Installation got a brief note advising that while it might work on Home Premium, it is not supported by MS. I dumpd it.

tirikatene
11-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks Guys!!!