PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Motorsport channel in NZ!

Breezzee
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Description/History:
Motorsport in New Zealand has a huge fan base, but is considered to be 'second fiddle' to most other sports such as Rugby, Cricket and Netball. Even though Motorsport was the 2nd most watch sport after rugby in New Zealand it still doesn't get the footage it deserves.

If Sky had a dedicated Motorsport channel then we would see an improvement in the quality of motorsport coverage in NZ and also a boost to the people competing in NZ and overseas.

Go to http://www.gopetition.com/online/18717.html and sign up for this fantastic idea.

They are looking at promoting NZ Motorsport like never before and show everything from your local Speedway Racing to the Big International Races and more.

You know you all want to sign up.

Cheers

kenj
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Please, not SKY

Hi Def on Freeview please. Worth the price of a HD box. Even Freeview via satelite is a far better picture than SKY

I am thinking of dumping SKY after being a user since its inception. It has cost me a fortune over the years so I can watch rugby and cricket with the odd doco program. All the other FTA TV channels are moving into widescreen free - but not SKY. You have to pay extra to see the games on the Rugby Channel in w/s. Mind you, apart from 1 or 2 games this year, rugby has been not worth watching!

The Discovery/history/NG etc. channels specialize in repeats, repeats, repeats and so on. When it seem like something new coming up, it is usually an old program they are bringin back, but they have changed the name.

Bugger SKY :punk

Just my thoughts

Ken

Deane F
10-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Bugger SKY :punk

Yeah I tend to agree - sometimes there's 70 channels of s**t on the TV to choose from, as the song goes.

And on top of paying for it, you still have to sit through ads.

kenj
10-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah I tend to agree - sometimes there's 70 channels of s**t on the TV to choose from, as the song goes.

And on top of paying for it, you still have to sit through ads.

And, the volume on the ads blow my brain out. Flashy scene cuts and loud music.

Ken

paulw
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM

beeswax34
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
God no, first the rugby channel and now this.