PDA

View Full Version : Easy Off Bam sucks

Digby
07-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Guys

I got sucked in by that Easy Off Bam mould remover tv ad, that showed mould coming off with just one wipe.

It does not you have to scrub like mad. Might as well use water.

I think those ads are misleading and should be removed.

I wanted to clean my shower mat.

So I tried Selly's Rapid Mould Remover and it works much better, let it work for a few minutes then you only need a few rubs for most of the mould to come off.

So good on you Sellys and shame on you Bum I mean Bam.

andrew93
07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
So it blows then?

user
07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys

I got sucked in by that Easy Off Bam mould remover tv ad, that showed mould coming off with just one wipe.

Do you reallly believe ads which show cleaners removing dirt so easily?

I for one, would never buy a product with such irritating ads or such a terrible sounding brand name.

Greg
07-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Do you reallly believe ads which show cleaners removing dirt so easily?

I for one, would never buy a product with such irritating ads or such a terrible sounding brand name.Same here!

MAC_H8ER
07-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Ive found a solution for ya:

The Kitchen gun: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9froOhQ6Vb8

And the Toilet Grenade: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2jSrqrn4qI0

:lol:

bob_doe_nz
07-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Exit mould.

Spray, leave for a few minutes and rinse.

Easy Off Bam! Kitchen Degreaser works great mind you. Makes cleaning the ole aluminium BBQ so much easier.

Bantu
07-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Easy Off Ban reminds me of the 60 Seconds - Spray it on and Walk away advert. "Yea Right"

The only bathroom cleaner we have ever had that worked great was some industrial stuff we got from a Bathroom Shop. It was very expensive and our cleaning lady used it up faster than spray and wipe.

Deane F
07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
So it blows then?

:D

Thomas01
07-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Another useful cleaner - if you have a saucepan that has been burnt or is left with almost unremovable food particles etc, I find that most cleaners are too gentle (as indeed they should be). But fill the pan with hot water into which you dissolve some perfectly ordinary washing machine powder, leave overnight and its clean - or if not then only needs a wipe.
Simple really the dishwasher powder obviously contains caustic soda.
A friend employed full time as a carer admitted she had never heard of this one and was amazed that it worked so well.
What has this got to do with Bam?
Nil.
Tom

Biggles
07-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I would never use Easy Off BAM! based on the guy on the TV adverts. I mean come on, is he for real? First time I saw it I thought it was a piss take on cheesy Aussie advertising, but it appears not. His eyebrows and unnatural enthusiasm scare me ....

johcar
07-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I believe it's an Australian product. Say no more!

sarel
07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
SWMBO luuuuuuuves Easy Off Bam - in the toilets and showers. I personally do not care (although I do most of the work).

sarel

Digby
07-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I would never use Easy Off BAM! based on the guy on the TV adverts. I mean come on, is he for real? First time I saw it I thought it was a piss take on cheesy Aussie advertising, but it appears not. His eyebrows and unnatural enthusiasm scare me ....

I agree he looks like the guy from the Memphis Meltdown ads, but he is supposed to be over the top. But I do like the Oxy something ads. The ones where they say "how does that work", they are quite clever.

globe
07-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys

take it back then.

dolby digital
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
If you say something enough, people will start believing it (even if its total rubbish). So that stupid EOB, which is on quite alot, you will believe that it does work but you must have done something wrong as it works every time on TV.

Actually I think some marketeers believe that making a bad ad has better effect than a good one.

Morgenmuffel
07-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Am I the only one who wonders what goes on in the Easy off Bam Mans bedroom?,
I mean he always talks in exclamations, could you imagine living with someone like that, i do feel sorry for his wife!

Metla
07-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Actually I think some marketeers believe that making a bad ad has better effect than a good one.

hell yes.

Case in point, Whomever is behind voucher mate marketing needs to be beaten, But it works, I know what they are pushing, Though I'd never follow up on it.

If their crap song didn't annoy me so much It would never have registered with me.

I love ya mate,He loves ya mate, almost as much as Voucher Mate, Mate.

DIE DIE DIE

williamF
08-05-2008, 01:52 AM
i've heard that "bam" crap is powerful? too powerful. in fact im surprised it is even allowed on the shelves.

Cicero
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Guys

I think those ads are misleading and should be removed.

I wanted to clean my shower mat.

So I tried Selly's Rapid Mould Remover and it works much better, let it work for a few minutes then you only need a few rubs for most of the mould to come off.

So good on you Sellys and shame on you Bum I mean Beam.
I was equally sucked some time ago,it was horrible when I found it was no better than the rest.

With time I will recover.

rob_on_guitar
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I just lay down some elbow grease then use a can of whip ass!

wratterus
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd never buy it, but I've used it, seemed to do the job OK, with a bit of scrubbing. Mind you, I guess it's supposed to come off with a wipe, so yeah. I don't mind scrubbing.

drcspy
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
if you have a saucepan that has been burnt or is left with almost unremovable food particles etc

nah.......just take it to your local engine reconditioner and get em to sandblast the inside.....they'll laugh and be happy when you throw em a couple of bucks for a beer........it works like magic (and will only take about a minute) !

as for mould in the bathroom...........exit mould is the best i've ever seen

Pato
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Exit mould.

Spray, leave for a few minutes and rinse.

Easy Off Bam! Kitchen Degreaser works great mind you. Makes cleaning the ole aluminium BBQ so much easier.Agree. "Exit Mould" worked for us after trying others without success.

beeswax34
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Jif is the best.

bob_doe_nz
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Jif is the best.

Except it leave behind a fine 'sandy' residue, and can (and has) left behind some micro scratch marks.

How about some 30 Seconds?
Just spray and walk away! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqGl5Y9DtaA)

beeswax34
08-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Except it leave behind a fine 'sandy' residue, and can (and has) left behind some micro scratch marks.

How about some 30 Seconds?
Just spray and walk away! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqGl5Y9DtaA)

You just have to wipe it with a moist cloth or napkin at the end. All good.

Never had any scratches here.

Morgenmuffel
09-05-2008, 08:13 AM

Yep and that fine sandy residue is superb for exfoliating your bum when having a bath

Cicero
09-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Yep and that fine sandy residue is superb for exfoliating your bum when having a bath

Can we assume this is one of your habits,ex foliating your bum,it's not a practise I am familiar with?

johcar
09-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Wasn't Sandy Residue a pop singer from the sixties??