PDA

View Full Version : having trouble uploading to YouTube

deno240
28-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I updated my Java to the latest version, then when i tried uploading to youtube, it keeps coming back as transient_error!! i uninstalled java and installed an earlier version (i cant remember which version i had before i updated it) but still no go. i have searched to google and it says about video format etc but thats not the problem as im using the same format as i always do and the video is only 3 minutes long. i didnt think java would make a difference... i have tried using internet explorer as well as firefox but none are working!!

does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?

as i said, i've installed an earlier version of java but the problem is still there..

DUNK
29-04-2008, 02:38 AM
I have the same problem. I discovered a (sort of) work-around, Un-install Adobe Flash Player Active Ex (In Add/Remove) Then, do a search & delete of anything Adobe (asuming that you only use Flash Player) Then, re-install it. (I do that via the YouTube site)
Mine only remains viable for the one session though. On a reboot (hot or cold)
YouTube's a no go, again. Have to figure what's causing this. Running Xp. Home. On Cable B/Band. :(

DUNK
29-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Further to my reply (Above) The problem could be, that I remove 'cockies' before each reboot. I left the 'YouTube' one in place, this time & YouTube worked after the reboot ... Could be as simple as that! 'Tis worth a crack, Nigel! :D
Regards.

deno240
29-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I have the same problem. I discovered a (sort of) work-around, Un-install Adobe Flash Player Active Ex (In Add/Remove) Then, do a search & delete of anything Adobe (asuming that you only use Flash Player) Then, re-install it. (I do that via the YouTube site)

Thanks......... i tried all that, but still not working :badpc: :(

i downloaded flash player via youtube site as well.
it's really annoying!! :illogical

wratterus
29-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Go to the adobe site (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) and update the flash player from there, make sure your running IE when you do this.