PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish PM this morning.....

Scouse
24-04-2008, 01:02 PM
PM earlier today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
Patricia

password
24-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Yip, i got the same one a few months ago.... The guy who sent it to me is banned tho =)

annie
24-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Yep, I got one too. Not sure that a computer forum is fertile ground for this sort of message though

Jen
24-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I am guessing the username was Patricia? I hope so, because that was the account I just banned.

If you don't tell the Mods, then we can't do anything about it.

In future, the best way of dealing with any spam via the Private Message system is to forward a copy of it the moderators so that it can be dealt with promptly.

Thanks. :)

wratterus
24-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Scouse, why have you got Patricia's link in your sig? :illogical

annie
24-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Jen. Yes, it was 'Patricia'. I couldn't immediately find a contact-mods link, so checked for a thread about the issue and added to it, figured someone would notice it if there seemed to be a significant problem.

annie
24-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Ah, I see. List of moderators prominently displayed at bottom right of page...... I'm SURE it wasn't there before.

Jen
24-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Annie,

An easy way of notifying us is just to hit "Forward" on the spam private message and then type in the Moderators name under "Recipient Username(s)" and send it our way. If you send it to all 3 of us (Jen; Chilling_Silence; Jan Birkeland), then whoever sees it first can deal with it. :)

Cheers.

password
24-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Jen, How could we use this forum with out you guys?

Password

wratterus
24-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Scouse, why have you got Patricia's link in your sig? :illogical

Sorry mate - I see now! :p

Scouse
24-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks Wratty. I also hit the wee sign to advise the Mods.