PDA

View Full Version : Dlink WAP

johnd
22-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Dlink DWL-G700AP? Mine is unfortunately out of the year warrantee. When you set it up all is fine for a while - then you cannot access the web interface. Pings will not work - but then out of the blue they start working (if you are lucky - but still no web interface). Pushing the reset button MIGHT reset it if you are lucky - then you can set it all up again only to find next time you access the web interface all graphics show broken links - it seems to be STUFFED to me!!

Erayd
22-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Reboot it, and then use only IE6 or Konqueror to access the web interface. In my experience using any other browser appears to stuff the thing, although I have no idea why.

Mine was a different model (DI-524UP Router/AP/USB Printserver), but had exactly the same problem. I've always been able to ping mine though.

johnd
23-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Most of the time it will not reset (impossible recently). Have already used Konqueror with no improvements! Thanks for the ideas though!

Got sick of it today and bought a Netgear Maxrange WPN824AU - we are shifting into a larger house so the timing of this may have been fortuitous!