PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a left hand laser mouse with a cord.

robbyp
21-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I am looking for a new mouse. It must be able to be used with both hands, as I want to use it with both my left hand and right hand, so it must be symmetrical. It also must have a cord, and use a laser, as I want good accuracy for graphics work. I have looked in logitechs current rnage, and can't see one that suits my requirements. The only one I have found so far is the Microsoft 6000 corded laser mouse. However the reveiws I have read about it are mixed, and say that it feels a bit too light. Anyone have one of these, or could recommend another mouse that meets these requirements?
Also I do want it to have the forward and back buttons on it.

wratterus
21-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I would have recommended the MS 6000.

I used it, and it is a light mouse, I wouldn't say too light though. I quite liked it.

Have you looked at Logitech's range? I'm not sure if they have one that meets your needs or not.

robbyp
21-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I would have recommended the MS 6000.

I used it, and it is a light mouse, I wouldn't say too light though. I quite liked it.

Have you looked at Logitech's range? I'm not sure if they have one that meets your needs or not.

Logitech doesn't appear to have a symmetrical one that is also laser. Currently I am using a MX310, which has been good although not a laser one, but I am looking at a new one for another computer.

techflame23
21-04-2008, 04:48 PM
check trademe. They should have some bargains and you can get whatever.

jwil1
21-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I would have recommended the MS 6000..

That is a right-handed one.

However Microsoft's Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is symmetical (ie lefty-friendly)

robbyp
21-04-2008, 06:12 PM
That is a right-handed one.

However Microsoft's Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is symmetical (ie lefty-friendly)

Thanks. Are you sure? This review shows pictures of it and it looks symmetrical to me. http://www.thetechlounge.com/article/256/Microsoft+Laser+Mouse+6000/

That is probably the one I will go for. As I am buying it through the business I would prefer to buy new, and not off trade me. I would also get the retailers warrenty on it.

jwil1
21-04-2008, 07:15 PM
My bad, I was looking at the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 :rolleyes:

gary67
21-04-2008, 07:56 PM
My wireless MS 6000 is symmetrical but does have a button under the thumb on the left for a magnifier that I find useful when doing image editing sometimes.