PDA

View Full Version : Remove "SAVE" Partition?

SurferJoe46
17-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Got a COMPAQ I'm resurrecting, it had ME and I put XP-P into it and SP-2...so far so good.

It LANs and Networks out of the box....but I added another HDD to it as the original was a little small and didn't like XP.

So, now...it still has the recovery partition called: "SYSTEM_SAVE" and I want to just remove it.

I'll leave XP on the small drive...it'll be big enuff for what it needs later...and even with the extra HDD as just an extra storage area, I want to get rid of that partition.

Got a good utility that'll handle that?

Please don't say anything about Linux utilities..I don't get a lot of good results when I try things that start with "L".

wratterus
17-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Gparted. :D :D :D

In all seriousness, you just can't go wrong.

Throw in an UBCD and see if there are any good tools on there.

dugimodo
17-04-2008, 02:53 PM
if you've got XP running you should be able to use its built in Disk management program to delete partitions - right click my computer, choose manage, click on disk management - see if it does what you want.

Otherwise try Gparted as suggested, or perhaps partiton magic.

SurferJoe46
17-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Gonna try that now..thanks

I'll let youse guys know what I get.

Thebananamonkey
17-04-2008, 06:23 PM
The MS app can't merge partitions like other apps can, only create a useless looking grey space. So yeah... Gparted ftw.

PENTIUM
17-04-2008, 07:39 PM
I use FDISK and FORMAT on these Compaq clunkers. You get a clean install afterwards.