PDA

View Full Version : Creation of photo cds using vista that will play on a dvd player

SONIC
16-04-2008, 05:14 PM
My previous computer had XP and using the right button of the mouse I used to transfer jpeg photos to a cd using the windows system. These burnt cds I then sent to members of the family in nz and overseas. I did not use Nero or anything similar. The families could then put the cd in their dvd players and see the photos on their tvs. The old computer gave up the ghost and I now have a new one with vista. I use the same method and the result is that the dvd players all say not in that format or words to that effect. I am now forced to use the windows dvd maker. The resultant dvds will play in the dvd players but the amount of work and the time it takes to check etc etc and then burn the dvd is considerably more. I take lots of photos of family and grandchildren and unfortunately I am the first to get vista. The old computer's hard drive was had it and the power system & modem were similar and the xp disc given to a member of the family so there is no going back. I hope that someone can help me please.

linw
16-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Don't understand what the problem is as Vista can do just what XP did. I put a blank CD-R into the drive and dragged files onto it. Vista asks to format with two choices (add as you go or master all-at-once). I chose the former then just dragged folders on and away it went.

SONIC
16-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Thank you linw you have solved my problem. I was unaware that I had 2 choices for format. My computer seems to be set to automatically do a live format. I have just done one on a cd-r and put 10 photos on and then put it in my dvd player connected to my tv and it come up " this type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc". I then formatted another cd-r in master all-at-once, put on the same 10 photos and it plays on the dvd player.Obviously my XP machine had been doing master format. Once again thank you very much

linw
17-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Ah, yes, that is the critical point. The CD needs to be closed for the DVD player to read it. Good to hear you are back on track.