PDA

View Full Version : Please help me stay on the net...

lauqui
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Hello

I have this problem where my pc keeps dropping off broadband every ten to fifteen minutes and I have no idea why and am hoping someone has some ideas.

My pc is compaq presario HP and runs xp pro.

I havnt had it long. My time must be just about up hehehe but ill be back

Thanks

wainuitech
07-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome to Press F1 lauqui,

When you say broadband, do you mean ADSL through the telephone Line ( who is your ISP), or Telstra's Cable broadband - there is a difference and depending on which will depend on a resolution.

PENTIUM
07-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Where are you?

lauqui
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello and thank you for the welcome..I am in southland...
I am with ihug, or is that vodafone now...its adsl...they tell me my connection is now stable but i still have the disconnections and can only get back online again if i restart my pc...

As for the hammer i am seriously considering it....lol

PENTIUM
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Disconnect the power to the router they supplied you, count to ten, then reconnect the power and wait until it re-sets.

wratterus
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
OK....

Are you plugged into your router via cable or wireless?

What's the model of your router?

Do you have every used jack point in the house filtered properly?

Do you have sky, is that filtered properly?

Ron24
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Also an Ihug customer. This happened yesterday afternoon here in Browns bay (Auckland) was off for about three hours then came back on again. Did the same this morning and again this afternoon. Ihug help desk say they are not having any line problems. Have an internal modem ADSL.

lauqui
08-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi thanks for the help

I have covered all the bases with the modem and d link and have found it may be a virus so off to the shop it goes...

Awesome guys thanks