PDA

View Full Version : ATA card & Windows 2000

22-04-2001, 05:22 PM
I have installed windows 2000 on my computer but it will not run on my ATA66/100 card. I know that this card is compatible with my system as i was running ME on it without a problem. The card has win2000 drivers so it must be compatible. I unplugged the card to get into my hard drive and have installed the drivers, but when i plug the card back in it wont go past the 'verifying DMI' stage in the bootup. Before i installed the drivers i was getting a message saying that the pc could not find NTLDR (which i presume is the win2000 loading program). I couldnt install win2000 without first unplugging my ATA card. When i load from the win2000 cd with the card plugged in i get a message saying something like couldnt find ARCpartition (or something like that) and then goes on to say that my drive has either been erased or is new (so it obviously cant read the drive) The card is a Highpoint IDE ATA66/100-RAID card that came with my Pc Company package. Does anyone have any ideas on a solution (or to point me in the general direction)?
Thanks for any help.
Bob

22-04-2001, 05:38 PM
You need to install the drivers while installing Win 2000.
To install Windows 2000, be sure to press 'F6' when Windows 2000 begins installation of the operating system and prompts to press 'F6' to install SCSI or RAID devices.

(From http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370faq.htm)