PDA

View Full Version : MS Expression Web - opinions?

Tony
02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm looking at Expression Web as a possible replacement for Adobe GoLive. I quite like what I've seen, but I wondered if anyone had direct experience of it and can comment - good or bad.

Please don't use this thread as general anti MS/Windows rant!:yuck:

jwil1
02-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I've it and it's quite similar to FrontPage. I found it easy to use, but it seemed a bit 'dumbed down' for me personally. Would rather work in NotePad!!!:D

Haven't used Adobe GoLive so can't comment there.

You can download a trial from Microsoft. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=44FA7F93-7D57-4523-B0C9-2CE54397B732&displaylang=en)

Tony
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I use GoLive mainly for its management facilities. I do most of the coding by hand - notepad style. I've got the Expression Web trial, and one of the things I do like is that in code view, if you CTRL-click on a classname in the HTML (for instance), it takes you to the css definition - either on the same page or in a library. I find that quite cool.

Even though you haven't used GoLive, do you know if EW has this concept of common code that is updated centrally that I talked about in the OP?

somebody
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I've found it quite good, though I'm certainly not a "power user" as such. It's significantly better than Frontpage... though that's not saying much.