PDA

View Full Version : Why no Spam?!

stuffed
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Saw a very informative and lighthearted documentary last night on the subject of Spam.
Our modest little home network of 1 laptop (Vista) and 1 PC (XP) gets virtually no spam maybe one a month on my PC and my wife does not know what it is all about!
On the PC run Comodo Firewall Pro nothing on the laptop.
Our ISP is ihug.
Why are we missing out on all those great offers out there?!!

Speedy Gonzales
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Same here.

I just use Spampal and a blacklist, havent received any spam for 1-2 years +

pctek
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
What, you're worried? Post your email address here and we'll send you some.

stuffed
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM
would dat be gorespam then?!

darroll
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
What, you're worried? Post your email address here and we'll send you some.

PCTEK,
Good one...... LOL...

dc

darroll
01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Send me a hot message from a female. (Baby)
See, I have guts enough to show my e-mail address.

darroll@kvasskid.com

wratterus
01-04-2008, 01:38 PM
OK, now your going to get spammed.

:spam :lol:

Morgenmuffel
01-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, I have just started getting spam once a day onmy main work account from various email addresses, all with a similar message something along the lines of

"Hi I am a lonely girl... and am using my friends email... check out my pics on blabla site"

It's really frustrating as I normally have 1 or 2 spam messages a month at most between all my accounts, and it is never the same email address twice

SurferJoe46
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Hmmm, I have just started getting spam once a day onmy main work account from various email addresses, all with a similar message something along the lines of

"Hi I am a lonely girl... and am using my friends email... check out my pics on blabla site"

It's really frustrating as I normally have 1 or 2 spam messages a month at most between all my accounts, and it is never the same email address twice

You are fortunate......

I get reminders that my "member" isn't large/long enough and that they can fix me/it.

How do they know?

I get "Pfarmacy_Gade bl00 pi||" ads and "o wan a bier xxxx?" ads.

Wanna trade email addresses??

beeswax34
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Just post it here and the spambots will start working on correcting your grievance as quickly as possible.

Safari
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM

You find it really frustrating because you get 1 spam message a day.
Are you serious, how long does it take to click on the delete button.
Most people get far more than that and just deal with it. There are more important things to get worked up over.