PDA

View Full Version : Menu Help in MS Word

T Walker
25-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi
I have MS Office XP and the other day I was going through the customise toolbar box and found an option Menu Work. This puts a new menu item on the toolbar called Work and you can add a shortcut to documents you are working on. Cool aye, thats what I thought. I added a couple of documents but now cannot remove them. Does anyone know where I can find info on this option?

TIA

pctek
25-03-2008, 11:26 AM
If you think the procedure for adding the Work menu is hidden, wait until you get a load of how to remove files from the Work menu: To remove a file from the Work menu, first you must wait until the third Thursday of the month, but only if it's rainy. Then you must position your monitor so that it's facing Italy, and press the Home key seven times while chanting... Sorry. It's not quite that bad. Here's really how you do it: Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and press the Hyphen key. Your mouse pointer will turn into a large green minus sign. Now, open the Work menu and carefully click the file you want to remove.

http://pcworld.about.com/news/Mar132002id82084.htm

T Walker
09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Geez you had me worried there for a second. Yippee works sweet. Thanks heaps. BTW love your little pic. :thanks

kahawai chaser
09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
You might want to create your own tool bar and add your shortcuts, auto text entries, macro's, etc. Then hide it from view if you want...