PDA

View Full Version : Video Card & Scanner Driver Help

Roscoe
24-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I assume, from what I have read on this forum, that my video card needs a new driver. Every so often the screen will go blank even though there seems to be a video signal. The card is a GA-MG400. I have searched Google but I can't seem to find the driver for that card. But when I do find it, what do I do with it? How do I install it? I have no idea.:help:

My scanner does not work at all. When I attempt to use the scanner it tells me that the scanner is not found. The USB and power plugs are plugged in, power on, etc. Does that need a new driver as well?:help:

Thanks for your help.

rumpty
25-03-2008, 06:28 PM
It looks like there is a driver at
http://www.nodevice.com/driver/GA-MG400/get39626.html

Download it and unzip it, then run the .exe file

SolMiester
25-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I assume, from what I have read on this forum, that my video card needs a new driver. Every so often the screen will go blank even though there seems to be a video signal. The card is a GA-MG400. I have searched Google but I can't seem to find the driver for that card. But when I do find it, what do I do with it? How do I install it? I have no idea.:help:

My scanner does not work at all. When I attempt to use the scanner it tells me that the scanner is not found. The USB and power plugs are plugged in, power on, etc. Does that need a new driver as well?:help:

Thanks for your help.

Could be the USB port you are using is now dead, does it work with other USB devices, try a different USB port. If you havent changed anything, there should be no reason to upgrade the hardware drivers 95% of the time.

drcspy
25-03-2008, 08:18 PM
hey an 'old' driver will work just as well they dont 'degrade' so your screen going blank wont be anything to do with 'needing a new driver' at all !

it's more likely the vid card itself is failing

Roscoe
25-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Rumpty: Thanks. I downloaded that driver and installed it but there is a setting that needs to be changed as everything on the screen is too big. There is a screen icon on the task bar that says "Matrox QuickDesk - 800 x 600, True Colour (32bit)" and I think that the 800 x 600 needs to be changed? How do I do that?

Drcspy: Thanks for that. You may be right. I suppose I can only wait and see. The fault is very irregular, sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes for a minute or two.

SolMeister: The USB port seems to be okay. I only have two and my modem dialler works in both. Perhaps I need to check everything again. I had never heard of a USB port going crook. Something else, perhaps?

Thanks for your help.:thanks