PDA

View Full Version : NOD32 update

Pato
22-03-2008, 02:01 PM
At present I am running V2.70.32 is there any advantage in upgrading to V3 and if so can I install it over the top of my present version without any problems?. Thanks.

sal
22-03-2008, 02:18 PM
ESET NOD32 v3 is a great improvement (especially in UI and function) over v2 but if upgrading versions involves renewing a subscription you'd be fine finishing off your current with v2 as it's still a decent AV. An important feature of any AV IMO is it's ability to stay out of your way and your current will do this just fine.

Definitely upgrade on renewal of your subscription though and apparently it's fine to install over your current but I'd recommend uninstalling first since it's a major version update, then go ahead and install the newer.

Pato
22-03-2008, 02:50 PM
ESET NOD32 v3 is a great improvement (especially in UI and function) over v2 but if upgrading versions involves renewing a subscription you'd be fine finishing off your current with v2 as it's still a decent AV. An important feature of any AV IMO is it's ability to stay out of your way and your current will do this just fine.

Definitely upgrade on renewal of your subscription though and apparently it's fine to install over your current but I'd recommend uninstalling first since it's a major version update, then go ahead and install the newer.Thanks for that. My present sub has about 10 months to run. I thought I could upgrade under my present sub so you have enlightened me. I guess I will wait until I renew in that case.Cheers.

wratterus
22-03-2008, 03:10 PM
....?

You can update to Ver.3, I'd recommend doing it.

Go here (http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php), click on the download link (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture1206151874.jpg), then log in with your username and password. Remove 2.7 before installing 3.0.

You can download either 2.7 or 3 with the same username and password. Eset FTW. :clap

sal
22-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I did mean to mention looking into upgrading despite being currently subscribed but it my point was if you're on your way out of a sub, then starting a fresh sub on the new version wouldn't have been a bad idea.

wratterus
22-03-2008, 03:27 PM
True story, although from Eset's Licensing 'department' :p it doesn't make any difference which version you have, cause the username and password you get given when you purchase the software are universal.

And you still get 30% or whatever it is off when you renew it.

:cool:

Pato
22-03-2008, 03:52 PM
....?

You can update to Ver.3, I'd recommend doing it.

Go here (http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php), click on the download link (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture1206151874.jpg), then log in with your username and password. Remove 2.7 before installing 3.0.

You can download either 2.7 or 3 with the same username and password. Eset FTW. :clapGreat. Thanks for the info I will take your advice and update to V3. Also Sal appreciate your help.

Pato
22-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Great. Thanks for the info I will take your advice and update to V3. Also Sal appreciate your help.I have downloaded V3.0.642 Antivirus. What is the the Smart Security program.?

wratterus
22-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I have downloaded V3.0.642 Antivirus. What is the the Smart Security program.?

As well as anti virus and antispyware (NOD32 AV) you get a firewall and anti-spam, but it will hit you in the pocket. ($69.21 for AV vs $104ish for Smart Security.

pctek
22-03-2008, 05:04 PM
V3.0 has a nicer interface.
It wants the old one uninstalled first.

I don't think the all-in-one suite is worth it.

Pato
22-03-2008, 05:13 PM
As well as anti virus and antispyware (NOD32 AV) you get a firewall and anti-spam, but it will hit you in the pocket. ($69.21 for AV vs $104ish for Smart Security.OIC. Well I am running Zone Alarm so will stick with that. Appreciate your advice.

Pato
22-03-2008, 05:15 PM
V3.0 has a nicer interface.
It wants the old one uninstalled first.

I don't think the all-in-one suite is worth it.At that price I am inclined to agree with you. It looks as though it is best to uninstall the old version so will do as you suggest.