PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Start-Up Messages?

19-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Whenever I start up I receive a message stating 'Cannot find the file MWAVTSR.EXE etc
once I clear that the next message states 'could not load or run MWAVTSR.EXE specified in the Win.ini file and to make sure file exists or remove. Why does this keep popping up and need to be cleared each time I start computer and what does it mean?
Also, when starting up Microsoft Works, I get a message stating 'Cannot find file or file already open' Once I press OK it disappears and I can then start. How can I stop that coming up each time. Not very computer literate so any help needs to be plain english and not computer jargon please!!!!

20-04-2001, 11:19 AM
Hi Joyce, The easiest way to get rid of the problem of the 'mwavtsr.exe' file is to open up the Win.ini file in C:\windows directory, with notepad and look for the reference to that file and delete it. It may be under the run part. Failing that have you uninstalled anything recently in regards to Microsoft Works? Sometimes the best thing to do is reinstall Microsoft Works. I hope this will help.

Regards Fred

20-04-2001, 05:47 PM
Fred,
Many thanks for your help and yes....I have managed to get rid of the 2 messages! Fantastic!
Cheers Joyce