PDA

View Full Version : Eset Nod32 Antivirus OR Smart Security

hazza87
17-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I am in the market for a new security suite and it seems quite obvious from these forums that Nod32 is the way to go. Just wondering if it is worth the extra money for the Smart Security version. If not what firewall is recommened to complement the antivirus version?

I need a 3 PC licence and i notice that the smart security gets up to $195 for a year for 3 PC's which is too expensive really considering Norton 360 is only about $80 for 3 PC's.
Even the antivirus on its own is $110 +gst for 3 PC's.

beeswax34
17-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Nod32 + Comodo Firewall3 which is free is probably the best combination out there.

wainuitech
17-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Who Ever quoted those prices are slightly Off, that MAY include the CD as well, its cheaper to go to Esets site and download it ( when ever you want)

The Offical price Guide prices (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Smart_Secrity_Prices.jpg) Then add in GST.
Thats sent to me from Chillisoft since I'm a reseller.

So A 3 User 1 Year is $156.37

considering Norton 360 is only about $80 for 3 PC's Norton's --Then add in $$$$$$ for frustrations, slow PC's, missing infections, crashing - errr what else have I missed ?? ;)

Edited: Oh Yeah - coming back here and asking how to fix the PC's. :thumbs:

wratterus
17-03-2008, 03:47 PM
errr what else have I missed ??

More RAM, bigger CPU, and the loss of the control of their PC. :thumbs:

hazza87
17-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I accept that, which is why i am willing to pay abit extra for good software! I have been using N360 for a year now and havent really found it to be that bad, however there some issues which i am not prepared to accept. Mainly Live update seems riddled with bugs and more annoyingly for the whole last month it has been popping up at least 20 times a day reminding me to renew my licence and this takes the focus away from everything else and also frequently crashes media portal and for that they are losing my custom

wainuitech
17-03-2008, 04:10 PM
very politely put Hazza - if you get Esets if you like pop back here and we can show you how to configure it, its quite easy once you know how.

I did do a couple of postings a short while back on one way to configure it - just have to relocate them.