PDA

View Full Version : Is is worth buying Trojan Remover ?

Digby
17-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi Guys

Following on from one of Speedy's suggestions I downloaded a trial of Trojan Remover. It worked great and found a few probs.

In view of the poor results lately with the free Adaware and Spybot, do you guys think it is worth buying Trojan Remover ? It is $ 34.00 US.

I think it will be worth it.

LiquidSolidity
17-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I find this free one quite good. It usually picks up a few things that others don't.
http://www.incodesolutions.com/removeit.php

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Its really up to you.

When it first came out (version 4 or something).

It kept on bringing up false +'s, for legit programs it used to detect as malicious.

And I used to email the author, about it.

In the end the guy gave me a free registration for it. And I've used it ever since.

You only pay for it once, and its for life. And if you have any probs with it, (like registering it, when a later version comes out). Which has happened to me a few times.

Just email the author, he'll give you another serial.

The good thing about it, most trojans / viruses cant disable it, as its got a random file generation name option.

Which means, everytime you run it, the filename changes. So, it'll be harder to kill it.

And it does a good job of resetting registry / windows entries (which saves you doing it manually). If something disables something, like your firewall.

robsonde
17-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys

Following on from one of Speedy's suggestions I downloaded a trial of Trojan Remover. It worked great and found a few probs.

In view of the poor results lately with the free Adaware and Spybot, do you guys think it is worth buying Trojan Remover ? It is $ 34.00 US.

I think it will be worth it.

IMHO.....

if you system is has that much crud then a re-install is often the best option.