PDA

View Full Version : DLL Initialisation failed when screensaver starts

18-04-2001, 10:34 AM
I have a very annoying problem. Whenever my screensaver is activated on my Pentium 166 (64Mb Ram) running Windows NT (SP6), it comes up with the following error:

'ssflwbox.scr - DLL Initialisation Failed

Initialisation of the dynamic link library c:\winnt\system32\user32.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally'

This error sits on screen until I click ok, the sends me back to the desktop (or whatever was open). This happens on all screen savers, not just OpenGL ones, as was suggested to me. This does not occur when I try to preview the screensaver in the display control panel. I have tried relacing the user32.dll file, no luck.

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused the problem is installing Symantec Ghost, as the problem started occurring not long after that was installed. If no one has any suggestions - I think I'll reinstall the computer!

20-04-2001, 02:26 PM
Ok, I figured out what the problem was, after much scouring of the net and mucking around!

Turned out that the 'Ghost configuration server'(a service started by Norton's when the computer was started) was causing the problem. When this was turned off, the screen saver worked fine. Means I can't use ghost properly though, however, I'd rather have the screen saver going.

So no worries, I now have a working screen saver!