PDA

View Full Version : firefox problem

spaceman8815
08-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I have firefox 2.0.0.12 and i have a problem, when i copy any text (ctrl + c) from either the address bar or a web page about 30 seconds later firefox no longer connects to the Internet, it just continually loads saying stopped in the left bottom corner. I have to restart firefox to get it working again. I have also tried reinstalling firefox, and has made no difference.

wainuitech
08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
See if this has any effect - start FF in safe mode, start/All programs / Mozilla Firefox / FireFox (Safe mode).

Try and see if things still hang. If they don't, then it may be one of your add-ons or other settings causing the problems.

If it works OK, start FF normally and turn off all extras then 1 by 1 turn them back on again untill the culprit is found.

sal
08-03-2008, 02:48 PM
It'll be a problem with your default profile due to an add-on (or add-on combination) so reinstalling Firefox won't change anything. Either do as wainuitech suggests or create a new Firefox profile (http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Managing+profiles) (export bookmarks from old first and import to new).