PDA

View Full Version : installing computer new security.

adi
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I am currently in the market for buying a new security system for my computer running windows xp2.I have been using AVG free edition for the last few years but feel that I should be getting something a bit more secure.
I down loaded AVG 8 for a free 2 week test but I am not to impressed by it.
Can anyone advise me on what I should be buying for a home use computer?Have tried Norton before but found it slowed down the box to much.
Cheers Adi

gary67
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Most tech's seem to be advocating Eset Nod32 has free trial. I still use avg free, been fine so far but them I'm really careful about what I download.

spaceman8815
05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I would recommend comodo firewall, avast anti-virus, spyware doctor standard edition and spybot search and destroy. These are all free and as secure as the ones you pay for and better than having an all in one software package. I also recommend NOD32 aswell, but you have to pay for it.

nofam
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Kaspersky Internet Security 7 all the way!!

If you buy the latest PC Authority issue, you can get a 6-month trial subscription for free.

beeswax34
05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Comodo Firewall 3.0 and Avast Home or Pro. That is the perfect security combination, even for Vista.

As for malware/adware, Spybot SD and maybe a few other recommended would round it all out.