PDA

View Full Version : Outlook express problems

17-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Why would It be that even when I delete messages and then delete them from the delete, would they keep coming back? Not just once but over and over Everytime I log on again there they are, could someone please help before I drown in old messages. Also some times it cuts my internet connection off when the mail down loads. then I change the setting to do not hang up, but it changes itself back again. HELP

18-04-2001, 08:12 AM
Something is blocking your mail on the ISP server. You need to go into your netmail via the server and clear it. This is quite easy to do just follow the mymail tab on your homepage and follow the instructions

18-04-2001, 07:04 PM
Thanks I will give it a try tonight.

21-04-2001, 11:22 AM
...the default setting in MS Outlook and Outlook Express is to clear mail from your server. As has been correctly pointed out, the mail is remaining on your server. To correct:

(i) In Outlook Express - Go to the Tools menu, select Accounts, highlight your internet e-mail account in the list, click Properties and select the Advanced tab. Under 'Delivery', uncheck the box 'Leave a copy of messages on the server', and

(ii) In Outlook - go to the Tools menu, select Services, highlight your internet e-mail account in the list, click Properties and select the Advanced tab. Under 'Delivery', uncheck the box 'Leave a copy of messages on the server'.

...with regards your disconnection problem - could you give a little more detail perhaps ?

21-04-2001, 01:02 PM
Thank you, worked once again I am happy!