PDA

View Full Version : Vista k33ps asking 4 dr1v3rs....

pingu45
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm running windows vista ultimate and every time i log on, two windows come up one asking for a driver for my USB receiver (for my wireless keyboard) and the other for a driver 4 my USB hub. These two are supposed to be plug'n'play and they are working perfect without the drivers.. How do i make these messages go away, or tell vista it doesn't need the drivers??

stupid vista ... GO UBUNTU

jwil1
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Let it search for drivers once - click Next and have it insatll drivers automatically.

pingu45
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
no, when i do that it says 'windows could not find drivers' or something along those lines.... there are no drivers for the hardware i'm using - i should be able to plugthem in and use them

wratterus
03-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Welcome your 1337n355.

You have a keyboard, may as well use it.

;)

Even though it SHOULD work, have you actually tried downloading drivers or loading drivers off a disc if one came with the keyboard?

zcc
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I am vista ultimate with USB wireless keyboard/mouse etc...
And the only way I got around my various issues with USB+Vista was to use control panel to delete all the USB drivers and start again from scratch, I had to have my old keyboard and mouse to complete this of course....
My ipod even works now...

wainuitech
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
By any chance are you using the Wireless transmitter connected VIA the Hub, if so plug it directly into the PC.

usually when the OS doesn't find the drivers, there is the option to not ask again for the software, tick that if its available.

You can also try going into the device manager and right clicking the obvious problem once its started and select the USB / Properties/ Advanced and select " dont tell me about USB Errors" if this disables the warnings, its not fixing the problem only side stepping it.

These two are supposed to be plug'n'play Does it say Plug & play on Vista or XP. ??

What make and model is the Wireless Keyboard.?

pingu45
08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
if i click "don't ask for this software again - (your device will not work unless you have the driver)" it actually DISABLES the devices.

they're not actually "plug and play" - thats just how they're supposed to work, just plug them in and off you go

the keyboard is a logitech deluxe 650 cordless

picture of everything in the cordless package here: http://www.impactns.com/images/LogitechDeluxe650Cordless.jpg

I will try to disable the warnings next time i get a chance

pingu45
08-03-2008, 12:57 PM
You can also try going into the device manager and right clicking the obvious problem once its started and select the USB / Properties/ Advanced and select " dont tell me about USB Errors" if this disables the warnings, its not fixing the problem only side stepping it.

I can't get to any USB / Properties/ Advanced button that says" dont tell me about USB Errors"..
Please explain in more detail how do do this?

wainuitech
08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I can't get to any USB / Properties/ Advanced button that says" dont tell me about USB Errors"..
Please explain in more detail how do do this? clcik the start Orb, in the search type in Device Manager it will show in the search results, double click to open it - locate the USB with the ! Mark or other error symbols - you may need to look on the USB Controllers Example (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Device_Manager1204954017.jpg) then right click the faulty one /properties/advanced tab and tick the bottom box Example (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Faulty.jpg)

This may or may not resolve the problem.

pctek
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
the keyboard is a logitech deluxe 650 cordless

..edit.

pingu45
15-03-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks but it still didn't solve it..

still getting the same old message at startup/

motorbyclist
15-03-2008, 06:32 PM
if i click "don't ask for this software again - (your device will not work unless you have the driver)" it actually DISABLES the devices. LOL good ol' windows

they're not actually "plug and play" - thats just how they're supposed to work, just plug them in and off you go

I hate this fool computer
I think that I will sell it
It never does what I want to do
Only what I tell it

electronics and software aren't like people. they can't conform to your wishes. just because you think it doesn't need it, and even if it seems to work without it, doesn't mean it doesn't need it. clearly it needs the software in order to stop harrassing you so give it what it wants. even my usb flash stick came with an installation cd ***!

maybe your usb drivers are out of date?

myself i deliberately choose hardware with the least bundled software for exactly this reason. had an HP printer once. installed 1.2GB of "drivers" which were not optional at all. turned out to be 1.2GB of **** bundled software than constantly ran in the background eating 60MB of ram.

PROTIP: no-one here is impressed by 1337 speak or "txt language" as most the members are retirees. normally they would rip into you about it rather than help you - lucky you kept it to the title only

pingu45
22-03-2008, 03:25 PM
wow hey guess what i fixed it....

by reinstalling windows.:banana :annoyed:

stupid windows

SPARTAN 860
22-03-2008, 03:29 PM
ok if you ever meet that message again, go here http://driveragent.com/ and it will search for new drivers

motorbyclist
23-03-2008, 02:03 PM
wow hey guess what i fixed it....

by reinstalling windows.:banana :annoyed:

stupid windows

lol yeah that usually fixes things