PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink Access Point

Tony Bali
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I am using a Linksys WRT54G as my router on my local area network. I now wish to add a Netgear SC101 back up unit into the network using a Dynalink RTA1025W as an access point. I am not that smart at networking so get a little lost when trying to work through the Dynalink documentation

gcarmich
01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
What are you actually trying to do?

Can't you just connect the SC101 to the WRT54G?, why would you want to add a second DSL router into the network?

Tony Bali
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately we cannot. We live in a Villa in Bali and the Linksys is located externally in a weather proof enclosure in the Bale so that we are able to broadcast to all rooms in the Villa.
The SC101 is located in the Master Bedroom along with the desktop computer while the laptop moves between Living Room, Second Bedroom and Bale. The idea with the SC101 is that both computers are operational during the day so we scheduled an automatic backup at 12noon each day and this done in background. We had this set up in Australia originally. However there we were able to have the Dynalink connected to the network via cable. Here we need to set it up with wireless. Hope this gives a better explanation of what we are trying to achieve and hopefully an easy solution.

gcarmich
02-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Its unlikely that you can connect the WRT54G to the RTA1025W wirelessly as both are Access Points.

You could however look at something like the Dlink DWL-G810 which converts any device with ethernet to wireless, which would allow the SC101 to connect to the WRT54G.

Tony Bali
02-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks. Will chech out the DLink DWL-G810