PDA

View Full Version : somehow my pc is blocking gmail, yahoo mail, hotmail

cmarin
29-02-2008, 03:16 PM
My PC is blocking me from accessing gmail, hotmail and yahoo mail.

I can access most websites but those,I get a this page cannot be display error- ck connection etc. turned off firewall, same thing.

any sugesstions?

wratterus
29-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome to PressF1. What OS are you running?

Do you have any 3rd party firewall software installed? If so, disable it and see if you can get to the sites.

Post a hijackthis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis) log.

Edit - Hmm ok.

Which browser are you using? IE, Firefox..? Try clearing out the browser cache and go to www.adobe.com and update the flash player.

cmarin
29-02-2008, 03:24 PM
xp pro sp2 - no third party firewall, avg antispyware and avg antivirus...

cmarin
29-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks, was using IE7- uninstalled it, re-installed IE6 no change- cleared the browser cache, nothing-
I will try - the flash player-

cmarin
29-02-2008, 03:38 PM
will let you know tomorrow- zzzzzz good night- thanks a bunch....

wratterus
29-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Alright, good luck.. you saw the link I posted to HiJackThis? Grab that and post a log when you get a chance.

beeswax34
29-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Welcome to PressF1. What OS are you running?

Do you have any 3rd party firewall software installed? If so, disable it and see if you can get to the sites.

Post a hijackthis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis) log.

Edit - Hmm ok.

Which browser are you using? IE, Firefox..? Try clearing out the browser cache and go to www.adobe.com and update the flash player.

Does Gmail even use Flash? I doubt it.

Term_X
01-03-2008, 02:05 AM
i had the same problem.. something to do with the dns cache or something? my mate said to force an IP address change and after that, i could access the sites again. reset your IP by disconnecting and then reconnecting the modem.

wratterus
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Does Gmail even use Flash? I doubt it.

No, but I think Yahoo! might use it a bit. Worth a try. (I thought).

cmarin
02-03-2008, 03:13 AM
thanks, flash did not doit, reinstalling IE6 from scratch did it.