PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Mailbox

louisbotha
27-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi There
I am using Microsoft Outlook as my email program. I would like to know if it is possible to increase the size of my datafile (pst), I would like to keep about 50Gig of emails if it is necessary. Is there a easy way for me to do this?

CYaBro
27-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome to PressF1!

50GB!!:eek:
I look after a business that has 25 users on Microsoft Exchange and all of their combined emails only add up to about 25GB.

ronyville
27-02-2008, 05:07 PM
From what i recall the pst file only increases as you add items or receive emails and perform other outlook functions. I dont think you can just hope to increase the pst file size without having items in your outlook.

wratterus
27-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering if we have a case of "I want to SPAM" on our hands...:p

The PST file will increase in size as you need it to (eg get more messages). You will have issues with Outlook crashing with a .pst file that large.

CYaBro
27-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm wondering if we have a case of "I want to SPAM" on out hands...:p

The PST file will increase in size as you need it to (eg get more messages). you will have issues with Outlook crashing with a .pst file that large.
That's true. I've had problems with Outlook on machines where the .pst file has only been about 1.5GBs.

wratterus
27-02-2008, 05:23 PM
That's true. I've had problems with Outlook on machines where the .pst file has only been about 1.5GBs.

Yip - me too.

Once a .pst file gets to about a gig I like to clean it up a bit, or create a new .pst file. And give the poor old machine trying to run it a bit more RAM.

Sweep
27-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Check here for file sizes.

http://email.about.com/od/outlook/f/pst_size_limit.htm

I usually archive mine.