PDA

View Full Version : PPS. files.?

Cicero
26-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Pal can't open PPS.files,seems he has Powerpoint viewer.
Any help would be appreciated.
He has latest Xp machine.

Safari
26-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Can he open Powerpoint Viewer
If so try opening the file from within the viewer by going to File/Open

wratterus
26-02-2008, 03:23 PM
It isn't a .ppsx file is it? Made by office 2007? Probably not...

If safari's suggestion doesn't work, Install open office, or reinstall ppt viewer. Make sure you have the latest version, also check the file associations, If the ppt viewer will open the file, but the file won't open in ppt viewer.

Cicero
26-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Can he open Powerpoint Viewer
If so try opening the file from within the viewer by going to File/Open
I have sent that off to him as if I had thought that,hope it works,I will look good.
;)

Cicero
26-02-2008, 03:32 PM
It isn't a .ppsx file is it? Made by office 2007? Probably not...

If safari's suggestion doesn't work, Install open office, or reinstall ppt viewer. Make sure you have the latest version, also check the file associations, If the ppt viewer will open the file, but the file won't open in ppt viewer.

I received this
just now,he wont have read Saf yet.,he is up in Kaitaia.

Its been driving me nuts, but now I can at least see the pix by saving them to My Docs.

wratterus
26-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I"m not really sure if you and him and us are on the same page.... :help:

Cicero
26-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I"m not really sure if you and him and us are on the same page.... :help:
You will come right,just concentrate.
This is his response to Saf.
Can't open it! It just goes straight to "Run or Cancel", and if I click Run it just tells me what it needs to work and thats it! But at least I can get .pps on My Docs. Ta anyway.

Can't open it! It just goes straight to "Run or Cancel", and if I click Run it just tells me what it needs to work and thats it! But at least I can get .pps on My Docs. Ta anyway.

wratterus
26-02-2008, 04:02 PM
OK...I think his file association for .pps may be messed up. Do you know how to get him to check that?

I wonder if it doesn't have a program associated with the .pps file extension.

bevy121
26-02-2008, 04:03 PM
it just tells me what it needs to work and thats it!

But what is it saying it needs? ;)

wainuitech
26-02-2008, 04:27 PM
If The Power Point viewer is damaged take a look At this site (http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm) Theres a fix for PPS.

You can Also Download Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485&displayLang=en)

Cicero
26-02-2008, 04:48 PM
OK...I think his file association for .pps may be messed up. Do you know how to get him to check that?

I wonder if it doesn't have a program associated with the .pps file extension.

Don't know about pps file association.
He deleted and re downloaded powerpoint viewer.

Cicero
27-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I passed on all info from you chaps,from it he has solved his problem,not sure which did it but thanks a million.