PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problem?

Tri4
26-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I am running windows XP2 and Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox .
My desktop displays jagged shaped Icons and some pics display as distorted pastel coloured images. My spellchecker has stopped. I cant use my scanner (been tested twice by agent) I have done fresh clean downloads on Mozilla, and updated all drivers, defragged comp. and registry, scanned computer with 4 different virus detectors, have cleaned other users sites, and are developing ulcer.
Can anybody out there please advise me?
I have had 2 computer techs try to fix.

wainuitech
26-02-2008, 02:45 PM
welcome to Press F1

Try This - right click on an empty space in the desktop and click Properties. Select the Settings tab and find Color Quality in there.

Make sure its set it to 32-bit or higher if you have it. Example Shown Here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Colour.jpg)

If Its set to 16 it will make items look :yuck:

bevy121
26-02-2008, 02:48 PM
All I could suggest to start with would be do a HJT scan and post the log back in this thread - we can see if there's anything in that to give any clue's whats happening
(HJT in my sig)

(If WT's answer doesnt fix it)

wainuitech
26-02-2008, 03:08 PM
It looks like there's several problems as well, fix 1 at a time other wise its gets messy with LOTS of different suggestions.

Not following my own advice about 1 thing at a time :p (I never do) Try the following

To get the other things working once the Icons are OK, Press Windows Key + R in the run box type in sfc /scannow Have your Windows XP CD handy as it may ask for it - this will check the system files for damage, see if this fixes any of the problems, if not then theres more to do.