PDA

View Full Version : YouTube and Bandwidth

Term_X
24-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Team

One of the things about streaming video and most noticeable on YouTube is anytime im on there and i have no other programs using the rest of the bandwidth, is that sometimes i can watch a video and there wont be any buffering at all, i can load it up fully before it does the stop start thing. Other times, it'll stop start every few seconds or so which is damn annoying and it takes a few minutes to download. Im guessing there's several factors involved, the ISP's international bandwidth, combined with other user's watching the same video at the same time.

What settings can i change at my end to ensure i dont get any buffering at all, or i am i at the mercy of those factors mentioned above?

Any suggestions appreciated

Cheers :)

Speedy Gonzales
24-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I would say the above, some sites / programs use buffering, some dont.

I dont have probs with Youtube either. So far it plays right through.

Then I download the vid / whatever, if I decide to chuck it on the Ipod

Metla
24-02-2008, 10:18 PM
More likely to be local traffic that is causing the issue, As in all the other people that are hooked up to your local exchange.

The fix is to hate telecom, and go door knocking, Tell everyone to get off the internet, Your trying to waatch youtube.

or, You could just download the entire clip and then watch it from your HD.

Term_X
24-02-2008, 10:36 PM
thanks speedy and metla!

looks like downloading the clips is a better option, so ill go for that :) :)

Deathwish
26-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I download most clips, especially things that I know I'll watch again later on like tutorials and music videos and such, saves bandwidth,and time later on. I usually get the file faster that way too (take it through a download accelerator).