PDA

View Full Version : Playing CoD etc on network

asdex
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi I have a local network between two PC's at home. We tried Call of Duty 1 on it ant it's good but a bit boring as it's one against one and we spend alot of time looking for each other. I tried the CoD 4 demo on my PC the other day and it's great. Is there anyway to have two people on a LAN on the same side? Then we could be fighting our way though together against the enemy. If not with CoD are there similar games you can do that?
Thanks,
asdex

Thebananamonkey
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't know about COD, but in CS you can set up BOTS on the other side. That way you can both get owned by hard level annoying-voiced comp players. COD should have something similar.

cold_fusion
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Ah co-op, possibly the most underrated feature of any game, ever.

There is a real lack of co-op in games, COD4 would be great with co-op I agree but it is not an option. UT3 has a co-op mode where you play though the campagin with either someone on a LAN or via the internet although its basically deathmatch/ctf against/with bots.

There is a bit of a rant in the lastet issue of Atomic MPC about the lack of co-op. It's a bit of a shame as its such a great way to play a game, isn't working together better than shooting each other?

If you can get a hold of it, Kirby all-stars on SNES has a great co-op feature.