PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook sending emails to deleted folder

Joe_Davies
01-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I access some work emails on my organization's domain via a Virtual Private Network.

It allows me to open a version of MS Outlook that's designed for the web.

However, emails that come into this email account seem to be directed straight in to the Deleted Folder, rather than the Inbox.

Does anyone know the magic menu item to click on to reset the default reception to the inbox, rather than the Deleted box?

It may not be possible for a lowly user to do this. Would I need administrator access?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joe Davies

wainuitech
01-02-2008, 07:34 PM
First thing I'd do is check your "rules" make sure nothing is telling the incoming mail to go to Deleted instead of the inbox or other selected folders.

Joe_Davies
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh, ok. Umm ... where do I find the rules?

Joe

wainuitech
02-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Open Outlook, Up top, click on Tools / Rules and Alerts ( Note: you may have to click on the downward arrow to expand the full list) as shown here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Rules.jpg), once open look through and see if anything is telling the mail to go to the deleted Items.

Joe_Davies
08-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Hmmm, yes.

Only problem is that this is a web-based version of Outlook, (accessed through a VPN to my employer's domain) and as a mere user, I don't have access to the rules or the tools menu.

I guess I need to contact the administrator of the network?

Joe Davies

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I guess I need to contact the administrator of the network?

Joe Davies

Yup.