PDA

View Full Version : New Document

Roscoe
25-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I would like to make up a new document, similar to a Word file, that I could re-use without having to create a new document each time.

I would like to be able to have check boxes where you could check the boxes and then after the information alongside each box that was ticked was digested, I could remove the ticks without creating the document again, such as you might do if you were to cut and paste, which I do not want to do.

Any ideas?

Scouse
25-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi Roscoe. Use View - Toolbars - Forms to create the form you want, with the open/to be filled in boxes as Text Form Fields. When you are done, click on Tools - Protect Document. In the sidebar under Formatting Restrictions, choose Editing Restricted to "Allow Filling in Form".
On my similar forms the layout looks like a Table, with the questions in the left column and the blank form spaces in the right. At any stage the form can be selected and the form field data deleted, or simply close/save the document and choose not to save any changes - only the original form with blank fields will be saved, ready for future use. Lot more difficult to explain than to do - sorry about that.

Billy T
25-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Basically it is a standard template you are after, and I use dozens of them. You set it up for what you want then save it with the appropriate name and when you want it you open the templete, save it with a new name and change and/or add data to suit the current purpose.

I make mine from the standard blank Word document but you might find something suitable in the templates according to your specific needs. For more complex content you may need macros.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Bantu
25-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Just create what you want in word as you want it.
When you choose save in word where you have file type change that to template instead of document.

You can save it in the default templates folder or somewhere else on your computer. If it is important back it up. Any time you open it you will get a new Document based on that template.

Roscoe
26-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. I shall have a trial with your suggestions.

I have no reason to print anything out apart from applying the ticks with a pencil. I would prefer to take my laptop and use the document in that. The results will then be viewed by someone else and once digested the same template is to be reused.

Have a look back here in about a week and I will tell you how it went.

Most appreciated.

Sweep
27-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. I shall have a trial with your suggestions.

I have no reason to print anything out apart from applying the ticks with a pencil. I would prefer to take my laptop and use the document in that. The results will then be viewed by someone else and once digested the same template is to be reused.

Have a look back here in about a week and I will tell you how it went.

Most appreciated.

Well tick it on your monitor if you do not print the resultant form.
Sheesh! Or did you want a person to tick it on their monitor?