PDA

View Full Version : mp3 to wav conversion problem

10-04-2001, 09:14 PM
I'm a regular downloader of mp3s from mp3.com. On a number of occasions I've struck a problem with conversion of tracks to .wav files for putting on CD. Certain tracks (often associated with certain artists) will refuse to convert to .wav format - just often enough to be annoying (maybe 5% of tracks). Have tried 3 or 4 different lots of software with the same result. Generally the error message 'Input Stream Error!' crops up. Tried to get an answer from mp3.com, but despite a good start, and a promise to check it out, they've not replied. Any ideas what's causing the problem?

10-04-2001, 11:14 PM
Sorry, I can't realyl answer your question, but I can tell you Nero Burning ROM can make audio CDs from mp3s rather than requiring covnersion to wave files.

11-04-2001, 07:28 PM
Cant say I've ever had that problem. Have you tried MP3Decoder from HPL Software? http://www.hplsoft.com/

16-04-2001, 04:49 PM
As far as mp3 to wav conversions go, theres only one and its the best and fastest one too, and thats musicmatch jukebox from musicmatch.com, which also can burn CDs directly from mp3, however the encoding of some mp3s arent in the wav cd format of 44100 khz, this might have something to do with the errors youre getting. ive never had an mp3 i havent been able to convert to wav, and im talking in the hundreds here, either for cd burning or for mp3/wav music editing for my DJ stuff, etc.

17-04-2001, 09:12 PM
Really useful tip, but life can be strange. For example, of 11 tracks I downloaded the other night only 1 would convert to .WAV files using the conversion software I normally use (Remixer MP3 to WAV favoured, but also MP32WAV and MP3Toolz). Tried out MusicMatch as suggested, and great I could now convert all the files - except 1 (strangely the file that was able to be converted using the other software). Can't see anything obviously different between the files, but I presume there must be. Guess I'll use a combination of software to overcome this. I see from other comments on this site that direct conversion of MP3's onto CD (bypassing .WAV) may not be a good idea due to the compressed nature of MP3s leading to a somewhat flat sound. So, I'll stick with doing the WAV conversion. Thanks for the help on this.