PDA

View Full Version : Delete unwanted desktop background images

excelsa
24-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Windows XP desktop backgrounds. How do I delete unwanted desktop background images from the list in the Display Properties>Desktop dialogue box. I thought there might be a folder somewhere that I can delete them from.

Thanks

wainuitech
24-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Windows XP desktop backgrounds. How do I delete unwanted desktop background images from the list in the Display Properties>Desktop dialogue box. I thought there might be a folder somewhere that I can delete them from.

Thanks Double click on My Computer- C Drive \windows\Web\Wallpaper.
Delete the ones you don't want and they will no longer show in the Desktops available after a refresh - make sure the Desktop Properties is closed first.

excelsa
24-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Does that include images I've set from My Pictures by right clicking and then choosing "set as desktop background". I can't find these in that folder. Are they stored somewhere else (other than in my pictures).

Greg
24-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Does that include images I've set from My Pictures by right clicking and then choosing "set as desktop background". I can't find these in that folder. Are they stored somewhere else (other than in my pictures).I think each time you do that it overwrites the old image.

pheonix
24-01-2008, 07:01 PM
This site (http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Background-from-the-Desktop-Background-List) has the info you require.