PDA

View Full Version : Office 20007 SP1

ktee
22-01-2008, 05:57 PM
The SP1 as stated by MS contains a number of KB's already released, & which Ive installed.
Before you instal a SP should u delete the individual KBs youve already installed that will be duplicated by the SP??
Or will the SP recognise you already have those ones and not duplicate them???:confused:

Speedy Gonzales
22-01-2008, 06:05 PM
After I installed SP1, it removed / uninstalled all previous updates, and the only entry that was left in add/remove programs was SP1.

So, I wouldnt bother uninstalling previous updates.

But I formatted soon after anyway lol, and slipstreamed SP1 with the install CD.

Saves me installing it after.

ktee
22-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Many thanks Speedy.
By the way what does below bit mean that u wrote
"But I formatted soon after anyway lol, and slipstreamed SP1 with the install CD.
Saves me installing it after"

I shall D/L SP1 tonight
Hopefully I'll be able to get up some recovered ASD files that wont open
Ta

gary67
22-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I guess office 20007 will be available to purchase from Microsoft just after the next millennium or just before Star Trek becomes reality

Speedy Gonzales
22-01-2008, 06:55 PM
By the way what does below bit mean that u wrote

"But I formatted soon after anyway lol, and slipstreamed SP1 with the install CD.

Saves me installing it after"

You can copy whats on the Office 2007 CD, to the hard drive, then download SP1

Then you HAVE to extract the files in the 218mb download (SP1), and copy/move them to the updates folder (from the cd you copied to the hard drive).

Then you can reburn the lot to DVD (Thats if you've got a DVD burner).

Its too big to burn to cd, once you add Office 2007 SP1.

This is similar to slipstreaming XP with SP1 or 2.

It'll install the service pack during the install, you wont have to install the service pack AFTER.

Only diff between Office SP1 and XP SP1 or 2, is you dont have to extract the files in XP SP1 or 2 before you burn everything to cd.

With Office 2007 SP1 you do. Or it wont work.

stephen
22-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Slipstreaming, or integrating service packs (or hotfixes), means that the files in the original installation setup are replaced with those in the service pack. The end result is, that when you install with a slipstreamed version, is that you have an up-to-date version of Office with the service pack already applied.

If you google around, you will find there are a few tools that do this for a variety of programmes, the most popular being nLite for Microsoft OS'es.

beeswax34
22-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I guess office 20007 will be available to purchase from Microsoft just after the next millennium or just before Star Trek becomes reality

:lol:

ktee
22-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks Steve & Speedy for that explanation.
Shall print off & keep with rapidly expanding pile
of help notes.

autechre
23-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I found this guide (http://bink.nu/news/office-2007-sp1-installation-slipstream-guide.aspx) to slipstreaming Office 2007 SP1.

It's a shame it doesn't really replace all the original files so you can burn it back to CD. But i guess if it works the same thats all good.

Speedy Gonzales
23-01-2008, 09:31 AM
What?

Burn what to cd?? Thats why youre slipstreaming SP1. So you can burn it back to cd.

Obviously you have to copy the Office 2007 cd to the hdd first.

stephen
23-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I think he means so that it replaces the files, rather than just add the service pack to the update folder, so that you will be able to fit it on a CD.