PDA

View Full Version : WMP C00D11B1 Error Code

qazwsxokmijn
21-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I purchased a couple of songs from digirama. They are apparently (not surprisingly) protected by some pissy DRM crap, and no media players can play the WMA files. It keeps giving me the C00D11B1 code.

Googling around the error code hasn't led me to any solutions that work for me.

Can anyone please help?

beeswax34
21-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Even VLC couldn't play them?

Did you try this: "I have a report from a usually reliable correspondent about DRM issues with Vista and Windows Media 11 issues caused by this week’s automatic update. After the update is applied, when you try to play any of your MP3 files — whether they have DRM or not — you get a strange error COOD11B1 code with little information about what is wrong. There is a Microsoft website that checks the DRM components on your machine and then upgrades them: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp . Mind you, this is after running Microsoft/Windows Update which reports back that “Windows is up to date”. You need to download this patch to remove the error code and get everything working again."

http://strom.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/windows-media-player-error-c00d11b1-solved/

bevy121
21-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Have you tried the XP Codec Pack 2.3.4 (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm)
Seems to have worked to fix quite a number of similar probs

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Even VLC couldn't play them?

Did you try this: "I have a report from a usually reliable correspondent about DRM issues with Vista and Windows Media 11 issues caused by this week’s automatic update. After the update is applied, when you try to play any of your MP3 files — whether they have DRM or not — you get a strange error COOD11B1 code with little information about what is wrong. There is a Microsoft website that checks the DRM components on your machine and then upgrades them: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp . Mind you, this is after running Microsoft/Windows Update which reports back that “Windows is up to date”. You need to download this patch to remove the error code and get everything working again."

http://strom.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/windows-media-player-error-c00d11b1-solved/
Don't know why, but the 'Upgrade' button is greyed out for me, so I can't download the update.

Bevy - I'm using Vista Ultimate. Don't know if XP codecs will work.

bevy121
22-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry, should have seen you were running Vista - must have been half asleep at the time (or half something anyway!)

Have a look at this fix and see how it goes.

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Type regedit into the Start Search box and hit enter.
3. If asked for permission, click on Continue to open the Registry Editor
4. On the left-pane, navigate to the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Microsoft, then Windows, then CurrentVersion, and finally, Audio.
5. In the right-pane, double click on the text, DisableProtectedAudioDG, and change the value from 1 to 0.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer.

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry, should have seen you were running Vista - must have been half asleep at the time (or half something anyway!)

Have a look at this fix and see how it goes.

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Type regedit into the Start Search box and hit enter.
3. If asked for permission, click on Continue to open the Registry Editor
4. On the left-pane, navigate to the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Microsoft, then Windows, then CurrentVersion, and finally, Audio.
5. In the right-pane, double click on the text, DisableProtectedAudioDG, and change the value from 1 to 0.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer.
For some reason the 'Audio' doesn't exist under my registry.

wainuitech
22-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I purchased a couple of songs from digirama. They are apparently (not surprisingly) protected by some pissy DRM crap, and no media players can play the WMA files. It keeps giving me the C00D11B1 code.

Is it just the files you downloaded, or is it all music files now ?

And - Do the files actually show in WMP or does it give the error message right away.

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Nah, just the 2 songs I purchased from digirama. And yes, WMP shows what the songs are, then straight away gives me the error message.

This problem is annoying me so much, and digirama will not respond to me. I tried to remove the DRM, legal or not, because frankly I'm pissed at the fact that I cannot listen to songs I legally purchased. However, all DRM-removing programs either fail converting or stop responding, as if they are stopped in their tracks suddenly.

I tried to burn it into an audio CD, then rip it onto the PC, but Nero is also stopped and stops responding as it tries to open the song files.

It's like the DRM knows what I'm going to do and is stopping me from removing it.

Does anybody know what to do now?

Speedy Gonzales
22-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Is Samsung PC Studio 3 installed??

One site says if this is installed you'll get that error as well.

This error looks like it has something to do with a stream content prob.

Like part of this file is somewhere else / online.

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Is Samsung PC Studio 3 installed??

One site says if this is installed you'll get that error as well.

This error looks like it has something to do with a stream content prob.

Like part of this file is somewhere else / online.
Nope, Samsung software has never been installed.

Stream? I'm not sure, I thought I downloaded the files fully? Digirama provides songs to fully download.

wainuitech
22-01-2008, 07:26 PM
The reason I was asking if you could load them in WMP is Microsoft are both Cunning and DUMB when it comes to DRM.

You already have the software to legally remove the DRM from Digirama.

Try this - Go back to Digirama (http://www.digirama.co.nz/default.aspx) Log in to your account, Next to the Logout is your account, click that, then select the ID number for your download, re download manually the songs you purchased (you wont have to pay again) you can do this as many times as you want - (I got purchases from 2005) You may need to install their software if its not already loaded.

Now open WMP - Load the newly downloaded Music into WMP - burn them to a CD using WMP, to play on a standard CD Player.

Once burnt - click on the RIP drop down Arrow/tab AS shown Here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Media_11200986522.jpg) Select More Options - In the Option Tab - make sure Copy write protect (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/copy_11200986573.jpg) is UNTICKED. Set the format to what ever you want MP3 and quality. Then apply and close the window. Next load the Music CD you made - hit the RIP button - and it will rip the tracks back off - without the DRM, these can be played on any player.

Isn't it nice of MS to include a simple way to legally remove the DRM - Bill must have had a weak moment:lol:

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 07:38 PM
The reason I was asking if you could load them in WMP is Microsoft are both Cunning and DUMB when it comes to DRM.

You already have the software to legally remove the DRM from Digirama.

Try this - Go back to Digirama (http://www.digirama.co.nz/default.aspx) Log in to your account, Next to the Logout is your account, click that, then select the ID number for your download, re download manually the songs you purchased (you wont have to pay again) you can do this as many times as you want - (I got purchases from 2005) You may need to install their software if its not already loaded.

Now open WMP - Load the newly downloaded Music into WMP - burn them to a CD using WMP, to play on a standard CD Player.

Once burnt - click on the RIP drop down Arrow/tab AS shown Here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Media_11200986522.jpg) Select More Options - In the Option Tab - make sure Copy write protect (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/copy_11200986573.jpg) is UNTICKED. Set the format to what ever you want MP3 and quality. Then apply and close the window. Next load the Music CD you made - hit the RIP button - and it will rip the tracks back off - without the DRM, these can be played on any player.

Isn't it nice of MS to include a simple way to legally remove the DRM - Bill must have had a weak moment:lol:
Yep, google fished that suggestion too.

However, WMP freezes and stops responding every time I hit the 'Burn' button.

Can't use Nero either, as when Nero loads the songs, Nero frrezes and stops responding to.

God I hate digirama and their DRM crap.

beeswax34
22-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Couldn't you burn them using the drag and drop function in Windows? i.e. just drag the songs from their folder into your D Drive or your CD ROM drive and then let Vista burn them from you.

See if that works.

wainuitech
22-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Yep, google fished that suggestion too.

However, WMP freezes and stops responding every time I hit the 'Burn' button.

Can't use Nero either, as when Nero loads the songs, Nero frrezes and stops responding to.

God I hate digirama and their DRM crap. Its not Digirama, I have purchased a few albums and seperate songs and using WMP as described burnt them to CD - as you are legally allowed to using Vista.

try deleting the original downloads and manually bring them through - if the original ones for some reason are not correct they will stop the newer ones.

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 08:18 PM
try deleting the original downloads and manually bring them through - if the original ones for some reason are not correct they will stop the newer ones.
What do you mean?

wainuitech
22-01-2008, 09:28 PM
What do you mean?
When you download the Music from Digirama it stores it on your PC, I'm not in front of a Vista PC at the moment,more than likely (User Name Folder)/Music but in XP by default it goes to My Documents/My music - if you used WMP to download the music (as you can) it will store it in the default folder.

If you Manually Download (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Downloading.jpg) them you can store it where ever you like then load into WMP. This is a download (album) I purchased in 2006 - still fully available.

If the original downloads are still in the default folder, and are for some reason damaged they will cause problems as WMP is trying to load damaged files. You can try relocating / deleting the original downloads, Open WMP, delete from the library - then download another copy manually, load these into WMP. This may or may not fix the problem.

I had a similar problem last year on XP - the whole album was corrupt for some reason - it all appeared to download perfectly, yet nothing would play, it simply crashed WMP. Dumped the original download, went back and manually downloaded and all was fine. Done it that way ever since.

It was something in the Downloading by WMP that caused it.

qazwsxokmijn
22-01-2008, 09:40 PM
AH!!! IT'S ALL RESOLVED!!!! YESSS!!!!

My WMP and DRM settings or some crap were corrupt, rendering me unable to download the WMP security component upgrade, which is needed to re-download the songs. So I resetted the DRM settings, and waddaya know, I installed that elusive security component upgrade (google it and you'll find many like me assed by Microsoft's crap service).

So I re-downloaded the songs, burned it fine and ripped it without the protection. I don't care if it's illegal, I paid for the damn songs and I expect to be able to listen to them!

Thanks all for helping me!!

EDIT: digirama got back to me, and this Shaun guy says the error is apparently too common for Vista users. He says many are unable to fix this issue, and so he offered a refund. Well, I was able to redownload the songs and thankfully able to play them now, so they get to keep my $3.50. :D

bevy121
23-01-2008, 11:50 AM
good to hear you got it sorted :)

.... and yet another black mark against vista and drm by the looks!

qazwsxokmijn
23-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, well this is the very first majorly annoying problem Vista's ever given me. Bugger to Vista and DRM for this problem.

wainuitech
23-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, well this is the very first majorly annoying problem Vista's ever given me. Bugger to Vista and DRM for this problem.
Not just Vista - as pointed out in previous Post - did it with XP as well.

Files got corrupted while downloading - nothing to do with Vista.

beeswax34
23-01-2008, 02:45 PM
good to hear you got it sorted :)

.... and yet another black mark against vista and drm by the looks!

Ah, slamming Vista for no reason again. Did you even look this problem up or read of the other posts?

bevy121
23-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Ah, slamming Vista for no reason again. Did you even look this problem up or read of the other posts?

Actualy, I was refering to the reply the poster said he received from digirama - Yes I read all the posts in the thread... did you?

digirama got back to me, and this Shaun guy says the error is apparently too common for Vista users. He says many are unable to fix this issue, and so he offered a refund

beeswax34
23-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Actualy, I was refering to the reply the poster said he received from digirama - Yes I read all the posts in the thread... did you?

Yeah, its not Vista ONLY though. Its XP as well. I read all the posts, thats why I know.

bevy121
23-01-2008, 09:44 PM
*yawn*