PDA

View Full Version : vista nvidia drivers and ram voltages

LOWTEC
21-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I have two questions:

the first is about the vista version of nvidias forceware or whatever they are calling it nowdays. Ive just built my new rig and am running 64bit vista home premium and an XFX 8800GT xXx edition gpu, I just installed the latest drivers from xfx's site and it seems to have half the features and settings available on XP? where is nview properties and all the other settings available in the nvidia control panel? I cant even run two different desktops on my monitor and HDTV anymore. surely ive just done something wrong and they havnt cut all these features out? all I can pretty much do now is change the resolutions of my displays and change a few color configs etc.
Im going straight to an ATI board if this lame driver is all nvidia can provide for a $600ish card.

my second question is shorter, I have been just getting my overclock set up but on my new super talent ddr800 5-5-5-12 ram sticks dont seem to have the voltage on them anywhere how can I find this out?

thanks for any help.

feersumendjinn
21-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Go into Control Panel>Classic View, there you should find Nvidia control panel.

As for your ram voltage (did you mean DDR2 800), seems to be ('tested at'(whatever that means(maximum?))) 2.2v, see here (http://www.supertalent.com/products/overclock.php)

Pete O'Neil
22-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Go into Control Panel>Classic View, there you should find Nvidia control panel.

As for your ram voltage (did you mean DDR2 800), seems to be ('tested at'(whatever that means(maximum?))) 2.2v, see here (http://www.supertalent.com/products/overclock.php)
2.2v is on the high side for DDR2, stock voltage is 1.8v but most decent memory sticks should handle 2.2v. Unless the Super Talent sticks use Micron D9's (unlikely) then 2.2v is as high as you want to go.

LOWTEC
22-01-2008, 06:43 PM
thanks for that can finish my OC now.
sorry maybe I wasnt clear in my post I am using nvidia control panel it just has half the options I had in nvidia control panel on XP using a 8600GTS and there is no nview which is the main thing Im annoyed about. oh well two steps forward one step back.

The_End_Of_Reality
22-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I had this issue as well, I was trying to find nview desktop manager and couldn't. But it is in the control panel, there you will be able to enable multiple desktp wallpapers etc. Though I am still running XP and I found nview desktop manager was rather hard to find, not sure about Vista though...

EDIT, just reading the user guide for the 169.28 drivers (http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/169.28/169.28_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf) vista and on page 3 it states

Feature Differences from the Classic Control Panel
The following are features that were available in the NVIDIA classic control panel,
but which are not available in the new NVIDIA Control Panel:
• Creating/Importing Color Profiles
• High Resolution Scalable Desktop
• MultiView Display Mode (for NVIDIA Quadro NVS graphics cards)
• Video Zoom
• Edge Blending
• nView Desktop Manager
nView Desktop Manager is available as a separate applet for Windows XP only.